Question regarding my Ruger
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GlockOclock

Question regarding my Ruger

This is a discussion on Question regarding my Ruger within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I was going through the box my LC9 came in case I missed something (IE: bored) and sure enough I ...

Default Question regarding my Ruger

I was going through the box my LC9 came in case I missed something (IE: bored) and sure enough I did. Can anybody tell me why there would be a small, sealed "manila type" envelope with a shell in it? The envelope just says that it's 9mm. The only thing I can come up with is that perhaps Ruger test fires each gun with at least one shot and that was the one they fired?

Sound like it must be your first gun purchace or at least new gun. You are right it is the test fired case.

GlockOclock is offline Accurate

Quote Originally Posted by hogwylde View Post
    I was going through the box my LC9 came in case I missed something (IE: bored) and sure enough I did. Can anybody tell me why there would be a small, sealed "manila type" envelope with a shell in it? The envelope just says that it's 9mm. The only thing I can come up with is that perhaps Ruger test fires each gun with at least one shot and that was the one they fired?
    As far as I know, this is to meet the requirement of some state(s) that believe that if we have a fired casing of every single gun in existence, that when a crime occurs we'll match up the spent casing with our super-duper database. Problem solved!

The last I heard, this tactic has never led to the solution of any crime. Ever.

Hey, maybe if everyone would submit a DNA sample... You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by scfd5 View Post
    Sound like it must be your first gun purchace or at least new gun.
    Correct. This is my second gun but the first one I've purchased. I was given a S&W .357 revolver as a gift but don't recall it ever having a spent shell.

New guns come with the fired case. The reasons are noted above. Just another free 'accessory' of little or no value...kinda like the gun-lock that came with it.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny