AARGHH! The casing is hot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

AARGHH! The casing is hot!

This is a discussion on AARGHH! The casing is hot! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I was shooting my Sig P250c 40sw and the gun throws the casings high that they hit the ceiling of ...

Default AARGHH! The casing is hot!

I was shooting my Sig P250c 40sw and the gun throws the casings high that they hit the ceiling of the stall and sometimes land on me. This time the casing landed between my eyebrow and the temple of my glasses.

It really burned that I got a nice scab duh.

Sometimes I'll find a casing in my pocket, go down in my collar, etc. Maybe I should hold my gun gangsta style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Man View Post
    I was shooting my Sig P250c 40sw and the gun throws the casings high that they hit the ceiling of the stall and sometimes land on me. This time the casing landed between my eyebrow and the temple of my glasses.

It really burned that I got a nice scab duh.

Sometimes I'll find a casing in my pocket, go down in my collar, etc. Maybe I should hold my gun gangsta style.
    How about wearing a cap, with the brim facing forward (the right way)
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

Yeah hot brass sucks. I had an ejected case land on my bicep last night at IDPA and it stuck to my skin on contact. I had to wait till I was done with the string of fire and "slide, hammer, holster" before pulling it off.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

Gangsta style LOL
    .50 cent :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Whenever I go to the range, I wear a baseball cap. Brass between your glasses and face can really burn.

Another trick is to button up your shirt to the top. Nothing like doing the "hot brass dance" when one goes down your shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by thoricuncle View Post
    Whenever I go to the range, I wear a baseball cap. Brass between your glasses and face can really burn.

Another trick is to button up your shirt to the top. Nothing like doing the "hot brass dance" when one goes down your shirt.
    LOL, I've done that and I wear Tshirts so there's nothing to button. At least I have the mind to put the gun down before I danced around.

Quote Originally Posted by Domineaux View Post
    Yeah hot brass sucks. I had an ejected case land on my bicep last night at IDPA and it stuck to my skin on contact. I had to wait till I was done with the string of fire and "slide, hammer, holster" before pulling it off.
    Have had then do that with me, too...right in the crook of the elbow...nice white scar.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

My problem is that I'm left eye dominant, but right handed with sidearms & left eye dominant and left handed with long guns, So I tend to get hit with hot brass a little more often than I would like to....
    LOL! =-)
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The sig p250 is known to do that out of the box. Mine used to do that. Put 250 rounds through it...clean it...250 more...clean it...and it should start throwing them to the right. I think it just takes a little bit for the extractor to loosen up.

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Have had then do that with me, too...right in the crook of the elbow...nice white scar.
    +1 - hot 45acp brass lodged between my glasses and left eye, blistered my eyelid.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast