another dumb activist. his 15mins - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 194
Like Tree241Likes

another dumb activist. his 15mins

This is a discussion on another dumb activist. his 15mins within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I think in an open carry state such as the videomaker's and Kansas, where I live, you should be able ...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    162

    Default

    I think in an open carry state such as the videomaker's and Kansas, where I live, you should be able to open carry without having every Tom, Richard and Harry call the cops (I had to use Richard because the language filter doesn't consider context so thought the nickname was porn). However I don't see the issue with showing a cop ID when he/she asks for it. I have nothing to hide.

    Although the guy making the video maybe can't help it that he has a squeaky voice, a high squeaky voice always makes me think they're lying or hiding something, like they're nervous. Then he refuses to show ID which to the cop maybe reinforces that he's hiding something and a two-minute check turns into a fifteen-minute saga.
    _________________

  2. #12
    The_Outlaw's Avatar
    The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    What exactly does this do for 2nd amendment rights? Nothing. It's a mockery and wastes police resources. This Dork got his 15mins of fame because my dumbarse is reposting. But, I couldn't resist. It's worth pointing out how foolish these baiting activities are getting. I bet he has never seen a woman naked.

    LiveLeak.com - Another 2cent activist wasting the cops time

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a1_1345441315
    Hell must have frozen over!
    I actually 'somewhat agree' with a post of yours!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Huge props to the cops for handling this so professionally.

    The guy is a complete douche bag and plays right into the Left Wing Media's definition of a "Gun Nut." This little demonstration and subsequent video posting did nothing but make responsible gun owners look bad. He is no better than the Davis robots blocking the police retreat forcing them to use pepper spray to leave the premise and then crying police brutality.

    The fact that he was obviously looking for a conflict, makes me question how he was behaving prior to the confrontation. As he was dead set on hoping people would call, so he could record this exchange, I'm sure he was making damn sure everybody in the park knew he was open carrying, because he wanted this to happen.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    What exactly does this do for 2nd amendment rights? Nothing. It's a mockery and wastes police resources. This Dork got his 15mins of fame because my dumbarse is reposting. But, I couldn't resist. It's worth pointing out how foolish these baiting activities are getting. I bet he has never seen a woman naked.

    LiveLeak.com - Another 2cent activist wasting the cops time

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a1_1345441315
    Is that the best you can do? Insults? Even an insinuation concerning the guy's manhood?

    Here is a link and a snippet of the leftist playbook....

    Quotes and Excerpts from

    Rules for Radicals

    By Saul Alinsky - 1971


    -snip-
    7. Tactics
    -snip-
    5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
    -snip-
    (bold added by me for emphasis)

    and the full article can be read at the link below. Please take note that Hillary Clinton and Obama are prominently mentioned. I encourage everyone to follow that link and read about Saul Alinsky and learn how the leftists use his teachings in their arguing methods.

    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

    Also.... open carry puts guns right out in plain sight and reminds/educates people that they actually have a RIGHT to bear arms. And that concealed carry permit is NOT the right to bear arms but is the privilege granted by the government's permission.

    So ... are you suggesting that a controlled by the government permitted privilege has something to do with 2nd Amendment rights? If so, in my opinion, you Sir... have no clue what a "right" actually is.

    Now.. in Michigan open carry has resulted in the Michigan State Police issuing Legal Update #86 to all police depts in the State. And lawsuits (brought by folks just like the guy you called a "Dork") against municipalities and police depts that violated the actual law and the civil rights of open carriers, and the resulting media coverage, has resulted in informing the citizens of Michigan that open carry is not only legal but it also does not require a permit! How about that? Folks can openly carry a holstered pistol in the State of Michigan and they don't even have to have a permit?

    So tell me please.. exactly how would concealed carry manage to do that?

    -MSP Legal Update #86 can be found here:

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...2_336854_7.pdf

    -->Folks interested in open carry without a permit in Michigan need to learn all applicable laws by going to...

    Michigan

  5. #15
    ~OtisM~ is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    What exactly does this do for 2nd amendment rights? Nothing. It's a mockery and wastes police resources. This Dork got his 15mins of fame because my dumbarse is reposting. But, I couldn't resist. It's worth pointing out how foolish these baiting activities are getting. I bet he has never seen a woman naked.

    LiveLeak.com - Another 2cent activist wasting the cops time

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a1_1345441315
    Is that the best you can do? Insults? Even an insinuation concerning the guy's manhood?

    Here is a link and a snippet of the leftist playbook....

    Quotes and Excerpts from

    Rules for Radicals

    By Saul Alinsky - 1971


    -snip-
    7. Tactics
    -snip-
    5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
    -snip-
    (bold added by me for emphasis)

    and the full article can be read at the link below. Please take note that Hillary Clinton and Obama are prominently mentioned. I encourage everyone to follow that link and read about Saul Alinsky and learn how the leftists use his teachings in their arguing methods.

    Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

    Also.... open carry puts guns right out in plain sight and reminds/educates people that they actually have a RIGHT to bear arms. And that concealed carry permit is NOT the right to bear arms but is the privilege granted by the government's permission.

    So ... are you suggesting that a controlled by the government permitted privilege has something to do with 2nd Amendment rights? If so, in my opinion, you Sir... have no clue what a "right" actually is.

    Now.. in Michigan open carry has resulted in the Michigan State Police issuing Legal Update #86 to all police depts in the State. And lawsuits (brought by folks just like the guy you called a "Dork") against municipalities and police depts that violated the actual law and the civil rights of open carriers, and the resulting media coverage, has resulted in informing the citizens of Michigan that open carry is not only legal but it also does not require a permit! How about that? Folks can openly carry a holstered pistol in the State of Michigan and they don't even have to have a permit?

    So tell me please.. exactly how would concealed carry manage to do that?

    -MSP Legal Update #86 can be found here:

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...2_336854_7.pdf

    -->Folks interested in open carry without a permit in Michigan need to learn all applicable laws by going to...

    Michigan
    There is legal and there is obnoxious and ill advised for obvious reasons. You decide where this lands. I already have.

    Like it or not, people find large black "machine guns" scary and intimidating. I would have called the cops too. Panic and hysteria is not the goal of the 2nd amendment. Teach friends and family about guns. Don't try to shock the average Joe stranger into understanding. Just plain dumb.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    There is legal and there is obnoxious and ill advised for obvious reasons. You decide where this lands. I already have.

    Like it or not, people find large black "machine guns" scary and intimidating. I would have called the cops too. Panic and hysteria is not the goal of the 2nd amendment. Teach friends and family about guns. Don't try to shock the average Joe stranger into understanding. Just play dumb.
    What an incredibly uneducated left wing emotion based thing to say.


    Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    There is legal and there is obnoxious and ill advised for obvious reasons. You decide where this lands. I already have.

    Like it or not, people find large black "machine guns" scary and intimidating. I would have called the cops too. Panic and hysteria is not the goal of the 2nd amendment. Teach friends and family about guns. Don't try to shock the average Joe stranger into understanding. Just plain dumb.
    Really? Large black "machine guns"? Who had a "machine gun"? Typical leftist fear mongering ploy to sensationalize your argument hoping made up shock value will validate the arrogant elitist opinion that no one should be "allowed" to do anything YOU think is "scary".

    In fact, similar fear mongering crap was spewed by the leftists about openly carrying pistols... however... the big surprise for the leftists was average Joe Stranger DIDN'T panic and there wasn't any hysteria except for the panty wetting leftists when they realized their fear mongering rhetoric was falling on deaf ears.

    But the real agenda doesn't have anything to do with what is "scary" but has everything to do with wanting to be in control of what is... but more importantly... what ISN'T... "allowed". And what pisses off leftists the most is to see their efforts to weasel themselves into control............... doesn't work.

    Dude.... I am grateful to Obama because his time in office has exposed the arrogant elitist leftist progressive agenda for what it is..... nothing more than snobbish power grabbing greedy elitism cloaked in sanctimonious arrogance. And he also exposed the methods the leftists use to push that agenda as nothing more than fear mongering, rabble rousing, lies, deflection, demeaning, and insults.... with absolutely no factual substance.

    And I'm grateful to Saul Alinsky too for his teachings are so easily thwarted by anyone with enough brain power to light a penlight flashlight.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BHG1978 View Post
    He should have just said to the officers...
    "...am I being detained or am I free to go?" possibly followed up with "I do not submit to any searches."

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    What an incredibly uneducated left wing emotion based thing to say.
    Hey, it's Otis... What did you expect?
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

  10. #20
    Firefighterchen's Avatar
    Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    4,641

    Default

    More power to him. If a majority of people don't care enough to stop illegal sting operations by police, they have no grounds to say what someone does legally. Don't like what he says? He doesn't care what you think, you don't care more than posting about it on a forum.

    And people here wishing firearms advocates should die at the hands of police? Really? What a bunch of monsters.

    So people, what is it? Do we carry firearms because we are fascinated with killing? Or because we want to cherish life? I doubt he wishes your death, and that alone makes him more of a man than any of you wishing his death.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •