Good day at the range today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good day at the range today

This is a discussion on Good day at the range today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm sorry, the tables I meant were those picnic tables they have for non shooters. We can't use it to ...

I'm sorry, the tables I meant were those picnic tables they have for non shooters. We can't use it to unpack our firearms let alone lay 'em down. It's fine at the stalls.

Ya Know guy's were all hurt'en here and there is plenty of info out there to let use know the sinarerio to practice on ! So we do what shooter need to do to hown ower skills ,thats the fun of what we do ! Shooting from chairs from the pocket , table , hip ,balanced on your head or as one said early in your mouth if you are so inclind ! So what we have @ the places we shoot we use to the best of ower ability ! This is the way I've alway practice but most of all having fun safely ! So Tim man you sound like a smart guy yu know what you need to do enjoy !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy bird View Post
    Ya Know guy's were all hurt'en here and there is plenty of info out there to let use know the sinarerio to practice on ! So we do what shooter need to do to hown ower skills ,thats the fun of what we do ! Shooting from chairs from the pocket , table , hip ,balanced on your head or as one said early in your mouth if you are so inclind ! So what we have @ the places we shoot we use to the best of ower ability ! This is the way I've alway practice but most of all having fun safely ! So Tim man you sound like a smart guy yu know what you need to do enjoy !!!!!!
    I'm sure you meant me (Tea Man) so thanks. I take gun safety seriously and a good habit to have. I take nothing for granted, too dangerous.

Blog Entries

Great shooting, my local range has some rules but none like you are describing, wow. I myself have only been shooting again for about 6 months after not shooting a gun for about 10 years. I'm having a ball. Been trying to go to the range once a week when I can, also have a friend that has been going with me for the last 6 or 8 weeks I think. We both have gotten much better with each others help. Spent a lot of money on guns and ammo thus far. It can be addicting. I too have been shooting a .40 and a 9mm. More so the 9mm lately as the rounds are slightly cheaper and I'm better with the 9mm.

I like playing the guitar as well and have 6, my favorite is my Les Paul. Bought in 2005, and played it only a half dozen times, because i'm afraid of scratching it. I thought, dam, I could get several more guns and a lot of ammo if I sold it. Then I played it again and said naw,, I'll hang on to this. Anyways again, good shooting and have fun and be safe.
    Life Member of the NRA

Nice shooting' Tex
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I've only been shooting over a year now but I used to shoot a lot back in the 80s and at the same range. Back then it was open areas and tables. You'd have to walk and set up your targets and the rules I know of then was no machine guns. Today it is more modern, with stalls and pulley systems, concrete floors with gratings and big hills behind the targets. Of course, rules too. Their main concern is safety and strictly enforced so I can't blame them because of family outings.

They just reopened their rifle ranges after a lawsuit because some golfer got hit with a stray bullet a few miles away. Kind of stupid because as I said, there's big hills (manmade) behind the targets. They have a hunters training certificate required before you can shoot at the long gun range. They offer classes to get such certificate.

Did I mention they have rules there?

When I started I had a PF9 for SD but got hooking on shooting that after over 1000 rounds my hand said enough already get a bigger gun jeez LOL. I sold it and got a Sigma 9mm. Yea, big difference and more enjoyable. Later I picked a Sig P250c 40sw. Both great guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12