Cleaning Schedule for a Firearm - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Cleaning Schedule for a Firearm

This is a discussion on Cleaning Schedule for a Firearm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I clean my guns after each use at the range. I usually shoot my Five Seven about 100 rounds or ...

I clean my guns after each use at the range. I usually shoot my Five Seven about 100 rounds or so, and the barrel still looks pretty clean. There is a little residue around the metal ring outside the barrel, but that is pretty much it. Still nice to clean it after use even if it is a relatively clean shooter.

I clean almost every time after a trip to the range. That could be 100 to 500 plus rounds. If I know I am going back the next day or two I might not clean it.

My EDC - EVERYTIME it is fired, I clean it when I get home. It is one thing to have a problem at the range, quite another if your life depends on it.
    I agree, between cleaning my gun or reloading ammo, I don't know what is more relaxing.

Psalm 82:3-5

I clean a gun after each time I shoot it, like to know my guns are always ready. Don't mind cleaning them.

Bersa Thunder .32
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger SR9c 9mm

All carry guns

My handguns, when I shoot them I clean them. With my AK I'll clean it every other trip to the range.

Blog Entries

I too am one that cleans weapons after every use, yes, to inspect for damage or wear and to get the powder residue out of the gun because I don't know when I am going back to the range or when I will fire that particular weapon again. Just a habit I have, well, more so something dear ole dad drilled into me in my younger days knowing the weapon is clean and ready to use whether at the range or for self defense.
    Life Member of the NRA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12