Who said it? Was it here?

Who said it? Was it here?

This is a discussion on Who said it? Was it here? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Approximately 1 month ago, I was reading someone's reply to a debate about "guns kill people vs people kill people" ...

Default Who said it? Was it here?

Approximately 1 month ago, I was reading someone's reply to a debate about "guns kill people vs people kill people" and he/she replied with a a brilliant answer regarding what guns were designed to do which I will attempt to give you at least an idea of what was said. Something was said along these lines:

"A gun is a device made of steel, wood and polymers and has a striking mechanism that is designed to hit a cartridge that extricates a bullet from it's barrel." (it goes into longer more specific detail).

I wish I had saved it and Google is coming up with nothing. Does anybody know what I am referring to and where I can find it?

Thanks!!

Default Who said it? Was it here?

Sorry cant help ya

I assume you have tried a search query on here with certain words?
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

I know I made a post exactly like that. Somebody told me guns are designed to kill people and I said guns are designed to take in bullets, fire them at a high velocity, and eject their spent casing. Whatever we use that capability for is our decision, not the gun's.

Don't know what thread that was in or if that was indeed my post you're remembering

A gun is a tool just as a shovel, wrench, pencil, baseball bat, automobile..... How it is used and what it's used for is up to the user. All are capable of causing death.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I know I made a post exactly like that. Somebody told me guns are designed to kill people and I said guns are designed to take in bullets, fire them at a high velocity, and eject their spent casing. Whatever we use that capability for is our decision, not the gun's.

Don't know what thread that was in or if that was indeed my post you're remembering
    It may have been but I thought it was longer and more elaborate. Twas hilarious!

I'll keep looking...