Experts say mass shootings are NOT increasing in frequency..... Fight BAD info w/GOOD

Experts say mass shootings are NOT increasing in frequency..... Fight BAD info w/GOOD

This is a discussion on Experts say mass shootings are NOT increasing in frequency..... Fight BAD info w/GOOD within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; You fight bad information with good information - and hope it sticks. ...those who study mass shootings say they are ...

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Default Experts say mass shootings are NOT increasing in frequency..... Fight BAD info w/GOOD

You fight bad information with good information - and hope it sticks.

...those who study mass shootings say they are not becoming more common.

"There is no pattern, there is no increase," says criminologist James Allen Fox of Boston's Northeastern University, who has been studying the subject since the 1980s, spurred by a rash of mass shootings in post offices.

The random mass shootings that get the most media attention are the rarest, Fox says. Most people who die of bullet wounds knew the identity of their killer...

Grant Duwe, a criminologist with the Minnesota Department of Corrections who has written a history of mass murders in America, said that while mass shootings rose between the 1960s and the 1990s, they actually dropped in the 2000s. And mass killings actually reached their peak in 1929, according to his data. He estimates that there were 32 in the 1980s, 42 in the 1990s and 26 in the first decade of the century.

http://soc.li/uvORzrT
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

I watched a documentary on shooting that occurred in Russia....don't remember when I watched it or the name, but it covered a theater and a school unless my memory fails me. Imagine that........It DOES happen elsewhere!!!!!
    Gun free zones are safe havens...........for criminals.
    Laws govern the lesser man, Morals govern the greater man.