Who Knew...DHS encourges use of pistols in self defense against an active shooter!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gunnerbob

Who Knew...DHS encourges use of pistols in self defense against an active shooter!!

This is a discussion on Who Knew...DHS encourges use of pistols in self defense against an active shooter!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; It's all in how you interpret something....on back of the pocket card on what to do when their is an ...

Default Who Knew...DHS encourges use of pistols in self defense against an active shooter!!

It's all in how you interpret something....on back of the pocket card on what to do when their is an active shooter at your workplace, under #3 "Take Action" - Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter. As I interpret this, I like to throw small pieces of lead at about 2300 feet per second via my handheld throwing device.

See DHS does encourage use of pistols in self-defense in protecting yourself from an active workplace shooter......who knew!!!

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/a...ocket_card.pdf

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Isn't it pathetic the level of pussification we have in this country... the word GUN or FIREARM is so taboo that even people who carry them every day can't encourage or suggest that others do the same. The DHS probably has the wooden pistols like Will Ferrel did in that movie The Other Guys....

"Throw items at the active shooter"..... holy f*ck, how pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I like to throw small pieces of lead
    Yeah, but be sure to fill out the EPA form afterwards.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Actually that was my plan from the beginning they did not state what or how you throw things.

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Now the EPA will be going after the lead.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

DRNurse1 is offline DRNurse1

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Isn't it pathetic the level of pussification we have in this country... the word GUN or FIREARM is so taboo that even people who carry them every day can't encourage or suggest that others do the same. The DHS probably has the wooden pistols like Will Ferrel did in that movie The Other Guys....

"Throw items at the active shooter".....***[edit]***, how pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My work place had a mandatory video in-service on just this after we failed an armed intruder test. "Hide quietly and if confronted throw things to distract the intruder." If they would let us carry concealed at work, we could throw 230 grain hollow-points at 950 FPS as a distraction. Lovin' life.
    ________

DRNurse1