How long till guns and ammo are readily available? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

How long till guns and ammo are readily available?

This is a discussion on How long till guns and ammo are readily available? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Why is it 22lr is NON-EXISTENT? I have found everything else but 22, except crooks charging $80 a brick? Hell ...

Why is it 22lr is NON-EXISTENT? I have found everything else but 22, except crooks charging $80 a brick? Hell I can find .223 easier than 22.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    I don't think the ammo makers are jacking up prices, gun makers either. I believe it is all the retailers raking in the profits from gouging not the ammo makers. You would see all retailers raising their prices, not just some/the majority of them. Not all have been gouging.
    As a retailer, I'll call you misinformed. 5.56 Ammo that we bought 6 month ago at $340/1000 is now $500/1000 direct from the manufacturer. 9mm that I bought at retail for $319/1000 is now costing us more than that at wholesale.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Yesterday I was looking for some range Ammo in both 9mm and .45 at my LGS, no 9mm and a few boxs of PMA .45 50rds at $29+tax. Passed it up but noticed some 7.69x39 Brown Bear soft tip for $7 20rds. There was a five box limit and time I got to it there were only four boxs left. I quickly grabbed them it was better then just going home empty.
    As I was waiting to pay a man who noticed I had the boxs of 7.69 in hand, offered me 1000rds of 7.69 for $500. I thanked him and said no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    As a retailer, I'll call you misinformed. 5.56 Ammo that we bought 6 month ago at $340/1000 is now $500/1000 direct from the manufacturer. 9mm that I bought at retail for $319/1000 is now costing us more than that at wholesale.
    I find it hard to believe you were paying $340/1000 6 months ago for 5.56 when my local Fleet Farm store was selling 5.56 for $320/1000. You are telling me they were taking a $20 hit on every box.

Default How long till guns and ammo are readily available?

Yes we all don't need as much ammo as we need, but doesn't hurt to have more than you need for none of my friends have more than a box or two on hand per caliber and I would be and am already forced to supply them ammo.
    Plus it's nice to have a lot for the range. I wanted to do a 3 gun this summer and that would require probably 5000 rounds maybe more. Now that's out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by markl View Post
    Why is it 22lr is NON-EXISTENT? I have found everything else but 22, except crooks charging $80 a brick? Hell I can find .223 easier than 22.
    I share your pain.

Armslist.com. Sort through the overpriced and can find some reasonable sales from locals in your state.

Also gunbot.net you can search majority of retailers online for in stock ammo and sort by price per round

Blog Entries

i think they are shifting production from .22 to suply materials for 9mm and .223 demand. and higher profits from higher calibers.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum17 View Post
    Yes we all don't need as much ammo as we need, but doesn't hurt to have more than you need for none of my friends have more than a box or two on hand per caliber and I would be and am already forced to supply them ammo.
    Plus it's nice to have a lot for the range. I wanted to do a 3 gun this summer and that would require probably 5000 rounds maybe more. Now that's out of the question
    Looks like a lot of everyones shooting plans have been changed.

There really is no shortage. The manufacturers are producing more than ever before. What we have is: 1. some people that that are thinking it is the end of the world if they don't have every bullet available buying everything they find and 2. The people that buy up everything then take it to gun shows and classified websites to make huge profits. My son in law worked at a Sports Authority store during the last "Shortage". The firearms counter manager had a friend that knew when freight arrived before it got there and purchased everything right off the truck. That's what is happening.

Us guys that have to work for a living can't wait by the door on freight day every week at the local retailers to purchase a couple of boxes to go shooting on the weekends.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast