How long till guns and ammo are readily available?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

How long till guns and ammo are readily available?

This is a discussion on How long till guns and ammo are readily available? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; With a shortage of both guns and ammo everyone has to be wondering when gun shops will have a full ...

Default How long till guns and ammo are readily available?

With a shortage of both guns and ammo everyone has to be wondering when gun shops will have a full stock again. Since Congress is getting closer to the new gun laws I believe that somewhere from eight months to fifteen months until stock is replenished properly.

Let me have your thoughts.

I read that only Springfield Armory is meeting orders BUT a 2 month wait. From what everyone says ammo in large quantities about 6-9 months. I have primers backordered but enough for now. I am sure I need sensitivity traing but the day after Sandy Hook i ordered mags and ammo. Some things are just preordained.

I don't know about guns but I know a girl that works for a company that supplies copper to Federal, Remington, Speer/CCI and others for their bullets. According to these ammo makers, if they did not take another order right now, they have enough orders to keep them running for the next 4.5 YEARS! Given that, I don't know that we will see any decent volume of ammo for quite some time. They can only produce so much at a time.

Do anyone think that gun and ammo makers are somewhat happy with the situation. I mean the price of everything has gone up. Just wondering!!
    I will look towards the hills from whense cometh my help. All my help cometh from the Lord.

Here in NE FLA guns are more available than ammo is and it will probably stay that way awhile.
    9mm .40, .45 is availble but at higher prices, and I think that the days of "cheap" ammo are over

I don't think the ammo makers are jacking up prices, gun makers either. I believe it is all the retailers raking in the profits from gouging not the ammo makers. You would see all retailers raising their prices, not just some/the majority of them. Not all have been gouging.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    I don't think the ammo makers are jacking up prices, gun makers either. I believe it is all the retailers raking in the profits from gouging not the ammo makers. You would see all retailers raising their prices, not just some/the majority of them. Not all have been gouging.
    can you find 9mm ammo for under $18.99 per 50? I was paying $10 a box for those before this nonsense started.

have you ever heard of the laws of economics? more buyers chasing limited amounts of product means prices go higher. J/S

Default How long till guns and ammo are readily available?

Yes it is unfortunate. Anyone know where I can get on a backorder list for primers? I hae enough supplies minus rifle bullets to make 5000 rounds of various calibers

It won't end as long as everyone thinks they need 100,000 rounds of every caliber they own. Rationalize all you want but they are cranking out ammo as fast as they ever did and everyone is in a panic to mortgage their home and firstborn to get more of it.
    If it comes to a shooting war, the war will be over or you will be dead long before you can use up all that ammo. If a total ban comes, no, we are not giving up the guns but you will not be able to go to the ranges so why try to hoard so much?

I emailed an ammo maker and they told me they are working six days a week to get as much ammo out as they can. They said that when ammo is available you better grab it fast. It is really getting hard to find ammo online depending on your caliber. .22 .32 .380 are sold out everywhere, some 9mm but not a lot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast