LC380 vs. LCP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

LC380 vs. LCP

This is a discussion on LC380 vs. LCP within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; What's the difference? I've only seen pictures of the two and they look pretty darn similar but I've heard they ...

Default LC380 vs. LCP

What's the difference? I've only seen pictures of the two and they look pretty darn similar but I've heard they handle quite differently. What's the difference between the two?

lc380 is slightly larger and has a 1 shot higher capacity. also almost twice as heavy. would account for the different feel and recoil.

Lc380 is same size and system of the lc9. The lc9 is a piece of garbage. Both my friends hates theirs. Go with the Lcp .380 it is actually a pocket pistol and I trust my life to it

The 380 has a real safety the LCP doesn't. As stated the LC380 is the same size as the LC9. All three guns (LCP, LC9, LC380) are DAO with a long trigger pull.
    The LCP has more kick. My guess would be the LC380 is targetted for the female shooters, or to compete with the Bersa Thunder.
    There is a trigger kit for all three guns making them easier to live with. I like my LCP and LC9, the LCP is my light clothes carry.

I really, really like my LC-9, with the sole exception of the long DA stroke. Garbage is in the hand of the beholder/behandler. Please check both hands.

Blog Entries

I like my LC9 as well the more I shoot it. yeh you have to get used to it but it is a very well made gun and far from garbage. JMO.
    Life Member of the NRA

Blog Entries

Default My lcp380

Quote Originally Posted by bill amsden View Post
    i like my lc9 as well the more i shoot it. Yeh you have to get used to it but it is a very well made gun and far from garbage. Jmo.
    carry mine every day,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by rogn View Post
    I really, really like my LC-9, with the sole exception of the long DA stroke. Garbage is in the hand of the beholder/behandler. Please check both hands.
    Haha I agree, I bought an LC9 with the Galloway trigger kit for my girlfriend in January and we both really like it. There is still something to be desired in the trigger but overall I enjoy it. As for the 380s I was just curious because I haven't handled either just seen pictures. I probably wont get one as I've never trusted or liked the .380acp. Just not enough gun for me.

I believe the LC380 has a last shot hold open, whereas the LCP does not. The LC380 has a manual safety, the LCP does not. The LC380 will not fire a chambered round if the mag is not in place, the LCP will. The LC380 is a physically larger gun over the LCP and heavier than the LCP, lending itself for better handling over the LCP for those who may have physical limitations.

Default got all three

For me, the LCP is such a great pocket gun that I go to it most often. I wish the gun locked back at the last shot. The LC9 had a bad trigger but the trigger job made it just fine with less travel and plenty of crisp release. I just got the LC380 and it is identical too the LC9 but with less recoil. Not sure if I will get a trigger job on that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast