'Get Out Of Here,' 83-Year-Old Sarasota Woman Tells Robber

This is a discussion on 'Get Out Of Here,' 83-Year-Old Sarasota Woman Tells Robber within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Good for her! Would have been better if she had an option other then push and run but props for ...

Default 'Get Out Of Here,' 83-Year-Old Sarasota Woman Tells Robber

Good for her! Would have been better if she had an option other then push and run but props for fighting back!

An 83-year-old woman fought off an armed robber who approached her with a knife Wednesday afternoon in the parking lot of a Sarasota Sweetbay grocery store.

Agnes Lynn had opened the car door and was about to put her pocketbook inside when she was approached by "a handsome looking guy," clean shaven, about 60 years old, with blue eyes and graying hair, and a blue button-up shirt.

"He spoke real soft and very calm," Lynn said. "He said to me, 'Don't shout, don't scream, because I'll use this on you.'"

In his right hand was a black-handled knife. Lynn's first reaction was to throw her pocketbook into the far side of the car.

"I says to him, 'What? Get out of here' and I took two hands and pushed his shoulders and ran across to the front of the car," Lynn said.

The robber's expression changed to a look of shock and fear, Lynn said.

"In the meantime I'm screaming, 'Help help help.' He took off running down the strip of stores down Sweetbay."

Some people rushed to her to see what the problem was, and she pointed to the man as he disappeared from view.

The sheriff's office was asking the public for help finding a suspect this evening.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I am glad she is alright. It could have been a much worse ending.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

I wonder if she's going to go out and get a CCW permit now. Or at least get a gun to keep in the glovebox or console. Either way, good for her. I'm all for law abiding citizens using guns to fight off criminals, but I must say I also like it just as much when they do it without guns.

She is one lucky woman. Lots of guts but still lucky.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

or maybe she'll take some boxing lessons so next time instead of just pushing she can give him a knock out blow to the head.... or just get a gun.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!