Multiple impact bullets? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Multiple impact bullets?

This is a discussion on Multiple impact bullets? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by wolf_fire And if that happens, then the other two pieces will actually keep the first piece from ...

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    And if that happens, then the other two pieces will actually keep the first piece from penetrating as much.

If all three pieces hit you and they are all attached by this string, then the string will get taught and keep each piece from penetrating as much.

This is a foolish idea when it comes to penetration.
    This is a foolish idea when it comes to shot placement (none of the pieces hit where you aim)
    This is a foolish idea when it comes to liability since there is a greater chance that a bystander will get hit.
    This is a foolish idea when it comes to price ($30 for 30 rounds, I currently pay $30 for 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot JHP 67% more expensive)
    I agree with everything you just said except for your price quote is incorrect. This ammo isn't $1/round. The defense ammo I buy (Hydrashock or PDX1) is about $1/round in my area. If you can find it cheaper in your area then I envy you. But I just checked out their site and this crap is $5/round, for the .45ACP. $149.99 for a 30 pack. More expensive than factory .50BMG. The $30 is your supposed "savings" off of their own MSRP of $180/30 pack. 12ga is even more ridiculous at $11/round. If that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.

If you watch the "Weapons Education" video where they interview the lead engineer for the bullets, he spends the entire 30 minute video blowing his own horn talking about how smart he is and what a revolutionary idea it was. I couldn't even finish the video.

Howdy,

Multiple impact bullets?

It's called Buckshot!

Paul

My other question is, if you miss with this round, like they are saying you will with other rounds, I see the very real possibility of hitting more than one person with one round of these. It seems the round is LESS controllable than a regular round. Each piece of the bullet is 7" off center (the radius of it is 7" to give a 14" diameter hit). Therefore, if you more likely to not be on target with your first shot, like the manufacturer purports, then this shot will miss by an additional 7"????? This doesn't seem smart at all.
    Besides the problem of less penetration (can't tell you teach physics! )... I aim for upper chest area. How big would an attacker have to be so I still hit something deadly? Even without the issue of the bullet(s?) not penetrating, wouldn't 7" turn my lethal shot into a "he can still kill me" shot?

It is cool, I'll give them that. It just doesn't seem practical... or safe. Though it might be interesting as a head shot... if you're dead on his nose.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I agree with everything you just said except for your price quote is incorrect. This ammo isn't $1/round. The defense ammo I buy (Hydrashock or PDX1) is about $1/round in my area. If you can find it cheaper in your area then I envy you. But I just checked out their site and this crap is $5/round, for the .45ACP. $149.99 for a 30 pack. More expensive than factory .50BMG. The $30 is your supposed "savings" off of their own MSRP of $180/30 pack. 12ga is even more ridiculous at $11/round. If that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.

If you watch the "Weapons Education" video where they interview the lead engineer for the bullets, he spends the entire 30 minute video blowing his own horn talking about how smart he is and what a revolutionary idea it was. I couldn't even finish the video.
    lol, I went back to the site to see how I could have made such an egregious error on the price. Apparently they are on sale and the savings equated to $1 per round. Yikes, $5 per round on sale is ridiculous!!!

Yes, I can get a box of my JHP Speer Gold Dot in .40 for $28.50 per 50 round box. There is one place around me that sells them in the 50 round pack. It seems most other places sell it for about $20-$22 for a 20 round pack, which is more in alignment with the price that you say you have see them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

lol, I went back to the site to see how I could have made such an egregious error on the price. Apparently they are on sale and the savings equated to $1 per round. Yikes, $5 per round on sale is ridiculous!!!

Yes, I can get a box of my JHP Speer Gold Dot in .40 for $28.50 per 50 round box. There is one place around me that sells them in the 50 round pack. It seems most other places sell it for about $20-$22 for a 20 round pack, which is more in alignment with the price that you say you see them.
    Ya I've only ever seen the 20rd boxes in my area and they run about $21-24.

I want to at least see a test using ballistic gelatin. And then lets run those rounds through the standard FBI test regime. I'm betting they don't do so well with that.
    Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123