Walmart No longer stocking Ammo. - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Walmart No longer stocking Ammo.

This is a discussion on Walmart No longer stocking Ammo. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Shotgun shells, .40S&W Blazer Brass, and ONE box of .308 at Wallyworld today. Glad Georgia Arms is going to be ...

  1. #61
    wolfhunter Guest

    Default

    Shotgun shells, .40S&W Blazer Brass, and ONE box of .308 at Wallyworld today. Glad Georgia Arms is going to be at the gun show this weekend.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    812

    Default

    I see TWO problems with Wallmart standing out above the many issues they have (treating employees like slaves). First is, they used to be all about AMERICANS. I remember a tv ad they ran bragging about a family business in rural America, where they had invested all their capital in making YARN or something like that, and then LOST their buyer. WALLMART went and bought it ALL to keep the family from bankruptcy. Touching story. But NOW, they're all about selling cheap crap from China that breaks in a few months and we throw it out and buy another. NOT the way the majority of American were raised.

    Second and part of why the don't sell guns any more, and I know this because my town was one of the first to lose the guns; they won't pay to get qualified help to work in a gun section. They hire Skippy home from college for the summer and shuffle him between department and pay him peanuts. The licensing officer for our town wouldn't renew their license without a qualified person running the department, and the rest in the state fell like dominoes.

    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  3. #63
    wolfhunter Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I see TWO problems with Wallmart standing out above the many issues they have (treating employees like slaves). First is, they used to be all about AMERICANS. I remember a tv ad they ran bragging about a family business in rural America, where they had invested all their capital in making YARN or something like that, and then LOST their buyer. WALLMART went and bought it ALL to keep the family from bankruptcy. Touching story. But NOW, they're all about selling cheap crap from China that breaks in a few months and we throw it out and buy another. NOT the way the majority of American were raised.

    Second and part of why the don't sell guns any more, and I know this because my town was one of the first to lose the guns; they won't pay to get qualified help to work in a gun section. They hire Skippy home from college for the summer and shuffle him between department and pay him peanuts. The licensing officer for our town wouldn't renew their license without a qualified person running the department, and the rest in the state fell like dominoes.

    First, WalMart doesn't treat employees as slaves. YOUR local store (and mine) might, but it's not corporate policy. Second, WalMart stopped selling guns in stores where guns weren't selling. They also down-sized or eliminated the craft departments in stores where THAT department wasn't profitable. While the employees at my WalMart aren't as knowledgeable about guns as the guy at the gunshop, they aren't "Skippy off the street".

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Meridian, ID
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Ditto on Wolf's comments.

    I love Wallyworld's ammo and those remaining stores where they still sell long guns. Damn shame they couldn't justify keeping the firearms in all of them. One less place for Joe Average to see weapons being sold as a normal course of business. Every retail location we lose is a point for the anti-crusade.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    First, WalMart doesn't treat employees as slaves. YOUR local store (and mine) might, but it's not corporate policy. Second, WalMart stopped selling guns in stores where guns weren't selling. They also down-sized or eliminated the craft departments in stores where THAT department wasn't profitable. While the employees at my WalMart aren't as knowledgeable about guns as the guy at the gunshop, they aren't "Skippy off the street".
    You miss quoted me, I didn't say Skippy off the street.

    I guess the licensing officer here lied to me then. I guess you know what went on here better than he does. Next time a gun store closes in the town I'll ask you why. Thanks for straightening me out on that one.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  6. #66
    wolfhunter Guest

    Default

    Old Owl, I don't know why YOUR local WalMart stopped selling guns. I only know why WalMart Corp. closed gun sales at many of their stores. You are the one pulling out the big paint brush and describing the whole corporation in a bad way. If you want to talk about your local store, restrict and define your comments better. As for my mis-quote, you are right, I should have said "Skippy" from off the street, a phrase many would understand to indicate an inexperienced, untrained individual.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Old Owl, I don't know why YOUR local WalMart stopped selling guns. I only know why WalMart Corp. closed gun sales at many of their stores. You are the one pulling out the big paint brush and describing the whole corporation in a bad way. If you want to talk about your local store, restrict and define your comments better. As for my mis-quote, you are right, I should have said "Skippy" from off the street, a phrase many would understand to indicate an inexperienced, untrained individual.
    Well, you still have it wrong. If you go back and read what I said was "Skippy home from college" which indicates an intelligent educated person, whom which is STILL not qualified to sell firearms in the state of assachusetts. The rules are stiff here, and that's why Wallmart gun section was closed in my town, according to the licensing officer. Then the next nearest one followed suit. Last time I was there I was able to buy ammo in the Plymouth (almost Cape Cod) Wallmart, and they had only a few guns left, so I imagine they went down by now also. Which is maybe why a Bass Pro Shop opened in Framingham at the new mega complex next to the Patriots stadium. Not a store you'd expect to open in this liberal Democratic state. But they're doing well.

    You're right, I shouldn't paint wallmart with that brush. I haven't been to ALL of them. But here, I see the employees treated badly. When I was working in Florida last year there was a poor woman ringing up my purchase who was in such agony, she could barely do her job. I said "You should go home. You're not only suffering you're going to make all your customers sick." She said she couldn't and told me a long story of store policy, which just wasn't right. She said she couldn't even leave her register for the rest of her shift, so I went and bought her some Tylenol with my own money and GAVE it to her. That's just a pitiful way to be treated.

    At a store in PA I spoke with a girl in sporting goods with a similar story. So maybe I got lucky and hit the only three stores where people were stuck working for a tyrant.

    BUT, you can't deny the CORPORATION has turned its back on American workers in the respect that they sell mostly cheap junk imported from China now, instead of the American brand names they used to pride themselves on and advertise. Globalization. Our government condones and encourages it, so they take advantage of it for the all mighty dollar.

    JMO
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Our local Walmart has always had good sales on guns. The store manager doesn't know why they pulled them from the floor, only that it was a corporate decision. I suspect, and so does he, that it has nothing to do with sales numbers.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    62

    Default

    they had plenty of 22s not much in pistol ammo,people dont seem to be buying much rifle or shotgun ammo.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Visited 2 Walmart's today. First was out of everything. Second had some 38 special WWB value packs. I ended up taking 3 of the 4 they had an am now wishing I would have taken it all. Supply seem very sporadic in the area so everytime I find something I could use I am buying it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •