It is time For Mandatory Gun Accident Prevention Education In Schools - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It is time For Mandatory Gun Accident Prevention Education In Schools

This is a discussion on It is time For Mandatory Gun Accident Prevention Education In Schools within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay Think about what you are saying here. If you put gun safety education into the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Think about what you are saying here. If you put gun safety education into the hands of the "educators" just think about what that education will look like. The kids will be propagandized from the get go about how "GUNS ARE BAD". "NOBODY NEEDS A GUN", etc.

I don't trust them. Actually I do trust them I trust them to do the wrong thing. My opinion is the responsible adult who allowed the kids to get the gun in the first place be charged with manslaughter.
    I agree with charging the firearm owners with manslaughter who do not properly store their firearms. This topic also makes me think about teens growing up in bad areas which are strongly influenced by local gangs. How do you reach out to them? These teens get firearms illegally at 14 when they join their local street gang. By 16, they have already done time, potentially killed and so on. All this goes into what hurts us firearm owners. The Brady bunch doesn't take into consideration that these firearms are acquired illegally, nor did these teens receive adequate training. They are criminals in the making. I know I may have strayed off the path here a bit, but how do you reach out to these kids who feel you need a firearm to shop for groceries? Any ideas? I am not trying to mock anyone with this question; I really would like ideas on this matter.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I agree with charging the firearm owners with manslaughter who do not properly store their firearms. This topic also makes me think about teens growing up in bad areas which are strongly influenced by local gangs. How do you reach out to them? These teens get firearms illegally at 14 when they join their local street gang. By 16, they have already done time, potentially killed and so on. All this goes into what hurts us firearm owners. The Brady bunch doesn't take into consideration that these firearms are acquired illegally, nor did these teens receive adequate training. They are criminals in the making. I know I may have strayed off the path here a bit, but how do you reach out to these kids who feel you need a firearm to shop for groceries? Any ideas? I am not trying to mock anyone with this question; I really would like ideas on this matter.
    Well, frankly I hope those kids NEVER get firearms training. They are dangerous enough. Sure, a safety course for those kids seems like a good idea, but such a program would not be in place only in the inner cities; it would be everywhere, and would go a long ways towards chipping away at the 2nd Amendment. I guess I am getting hard-hearted as I get older, but some folks are just plain lost and are beyond help. Correcting the problem of Inner City kids with goes a lot deeper than some firearms safety training. That whole culture needs help.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

wolfhunter Guest

Why are so many here assuming that Gun Safety classes would automatically be anti-2A? Does safety around guns contradict the Second Amendment? No, it doesn't. Just because such a program COULD be turned against us, doesn't make it a bad thing. Would you rather verify that your local school is teaching a pro-2A gun safety program, or continue reading about evil guns going off by themselves and killing or wounding a child?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Why are so many here assuming that Gun Safety classes would automatically be anti-2A? Does safety around guns contradict the Second Amendment? No, it doesn't. Just because such a program COULD be turned against us, doesn't make it a bad thing. Would you rather verify that your local school is teaching a pro-2A gun safety program, or continue reading about evil guns going off by themselves and killing or wounding a child?
    Actually such a program WOULD be turned against us. Of that I have no doubt.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Thumbs up Btdt

When my kids were in elementary school (the youngest is now 22) I purchased the NRA Eddie Eagle program and the local 'Officer Friendly" put it on.... Just a though but they are not very expensive N U could make a difference...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12