Why do you choose to live in your state?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Why do you choose to live in your state?

This is a discussion on Why do you choose to live in your state? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hi, I'm curious. What is your reason, for where you live? Did you move there because of favorable gun laws? ...

Question Why do you choose to live in your state?

Hi,

I'm curious. What is your reason, for where you live? Did you move there because of favorable gun laws? Why do you not move to a better, more gun freindly state, if your's is too restrictive? Is family (that you probably don't talk to much anyway) the reason? If you were to move, would the state's gun laws effect your decision? I live in Arizona where open carry is allowed without a permit, and CCW is encouraged with a permit. Just curious. Have a great day.

netentity is offline Obama is a mack daddy!

I'm a San Diego transplant. Here were my reasons back in 1992;
    • Firearm laws, this was before Nevada went shall issue
    • Taxes; no State income tax in Nevada
    • Economy; cost of living

I will only live in a State out of the lower 48 that has no State income tax, shall issue CCW and has no State restrictions on class III/title II/NFA firearms so outside of Nevada that leaves Florida, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Netentity,

Glad to see you live in a pro gun state. I originally lived in NY, choose to live in Arizona. Would no way move back to NY or most any of those east coast states that try and ban guns.

Born and raised in Texas. Out side of the heat and sometimes the humidity it is overall a good state to live in. If and when I ever do move it will be to a state with four distinct seasons and more mountains.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Actually I guess what I am asking is, does the gun laws influence where you are presently living, where you are moving to, or why don't you move if you don't like them.

netentity is offline Obama is a mack daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Actually I guess what I am asking is, does the gun laws influence where you are presently living, where you are moving to, or why don't you move if you don't like them.
    It does affect me and was one of the key factors for me moving from CA to NV back in 1992.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Being a gun friendly state helps to keep me here but is not the only factor.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I guess im lucky cuz ive always lived in Indiana. I know when I get out of dental school and am choosing where to practice I will definetely choose a place with favorable gun laws.

I live in the Gunshine state.... Need I say more.

Actually I moved down here after my Mom and Grandparents moved here. No snow, Beach, Surf, great gun laws, can ride my motorcycle year round. Who could ask for more.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

There are alot of lakes around here. Started swimming at 4, Playing Hockey at 5, Waterskiing at 8. Then fishing all year. I have made a great living in the special purpose automation and robotics industries.
    I am thinking about heading out, I know there are places I won't consider, NY, Mass, NJ, CT, Maryland and the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Montana is intriguing.....
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast