What other countries allow their citizens to be armed and carry?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What other countries allow their citizens to be armed and carry?

This is a discussion on What other countries allow their citizens to be armed and carry? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm just wondering what other countries have laws that allow their citizens to own guns and carry them if they ...

Default What other countries allow their citizens to be armed and carry?

I'm just wondering what other countries have laws that allow their citizens to own guns and carry them if they choose. And I'm not interested in the lawless portions of the world like Somalia, Southern Colombia, or tribal Pakistan.

Right off the top of my head, I can't think of one. Nothing in Western Europe that I know of. Not Mexico. Not Australia. Anyway, thoughts?

Switzerland used to be real gun friendly. Not sure what their laws are now.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by hibby76 View Post
    I'm just wondering what other countries have laws that allow their citizens to own guns and carry them if they choose. And I'm not interested in the lawless portions of the world like Somalia, Southern Colombia, or tribal Pakistan.

Right off the top of my head, I can't think of one. Nothing in Western Europe that I know of. Not Mexico. Not Australia. Anyway, thoughts?

Republic of Minerva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tonga put an end to that...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Switzerland restricts ammunition. Military service is mandatory, with all personnel keeping an automatic rifle in their home, but with a sealed pack of ammo. Shooting privately owned guns at gun ranges is totally accepted, but the gun remains at the range.

Despite repeated attempts by the left in this country to restrict our rights, The USA remains the lone country to legally allow concealed / open carry (dependeing on State laws).....to the best of my knowledge.

Default Israel.....How could I have forgotten!

Israel.

I was there over a decade ago, so perhaps things have changed. I remember having a conversation with a guy who had a pistol on his belt and an uzi on his back. He indicated that he often carried a shotgun as well. I'd be interested in finding out about CC vs OC there and if there are differences for Israeli citizens, Jews, Arabs, ex-military, Palestinians, and any other non-citizen.

Over there you see open carry guns all the time. A big part of that is because all of the youth have a mandatory military obligation and during those 2-3 years they have their weapons with them 24/7. It's funny to see a group of teenagers going out for ice cream and every one of them has an M-16 strapped to them.

Doing some reading now.......

Here's an interesting blog post by an Israeli guy who carries:
    DoubleTapper: Questions From Readers

another brief summary:
    Behind the Lines: Israeli Libertarian: Brief Summary of Israeli Gun Laws

This site indicates that It's really hard to get a permit if you're an Arab citizen of Israel
    It also talks about the liabilities of gun ownership according to their laws and courts:
    Question on Israeli gun law

and some more info. Slightly redundant, but it has more detail:
    What are Israel's gun laws like? How do they regulate firearms ownership over there? - Yahoo! Answers

And finally, a few pictures that I think are interesting:
    Israeli women and their guns
    http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...ael-jew-04.jpg
    http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...ael-jew-02.jpg
    http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...ael-jew-13.jpg

girls-carrying-guns-israel-jew-14 | chinaSMACK

http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...ael-jew-14.jpg

I can attest that these images are pretty common place. You could get dozens of pictures like that on any Friday evening wherever students hang out.

Default One more worth adding

In Israel, if you can carry it, you can carry it any way that you would like. However, it appears to be highly unacceptable culturally to conceal your firearm under normal circumstances.

Glockster20 is offline Clinging to God and guns

Austria allows for it's citizens to own and possess firearms if they first obtain a license. Also, carrying a firearm on your person is allowed if you have a "Waffenpass" or permit to do so. There is a lot involved in obtaining a waffenpass and you have to have a "good" reason for needing one. The average Austrian won't be issued one just because they're a law abiding citizen who wants to carry a firearm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast