FFL Dealer transfer for Ohio

FFL Dealer transfer for Ohio

This is a discussion on FFL Dealer transfer for Ohio within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; hi , can someone give me a quote on a transfer fee , i wish to ship a handgun to ...

Wink FFL Dealer transfer for Ohio

hi , can someone give me a quote on a transfer fee , i wish to ship a handgun to Ohio ??
    many thanks, rooster

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    hi , can someone give me a quote on a transfer fee , i wish to ship a handgun to Ohio ??
    many thanks, rooster
    Just curious, if you are the shipper, why are you the one concerned about the transfer fee? Did you promise the final recipient that you would pay transfer fees? Normally that is a cost paid by the recipient, not by the sender.

I hate to be non-contributive, and do apologize for that.

He probably bought the gun out of state and having it shipped to him in Ohio. It'll be different from dealer to dealer but I know down here it's normally between $15 and $25 to do the transfer.

Not sure what part of Ohio you live in but KimberRB lives in Northern Ohio. Hopefully he'll be along soon.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Red face Fees

One guy I know charges $50 per transfer and the Springboro Shoots Supply changes $25.

I have seen it run from $15 to about $40 depends on where you go. What part of Ohio I know a guy around Toledo that is around $20.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.