CCL in car...must tell Police in routine stop??
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

CCL in car...must tell Police in routine stop??

This is a discussion on CCL in car...must tell Police in routine stop?? within the Georgia Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; In Georgia, do we have to tell an officer that we are carrying (CCL) during a routine traffic stop/violation -or ...

Default CCL in car...must tell Police in routine stop??

In Georgia, do we have to tell an officer that we are carrying (CCL) during a routine traffic stop/violation -or do officers need to ask?

Not to be an ass, but isn't there a link on the home page that gives you the carry laws for each State? I don't know Georgia off of the top of my head, sorry.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by gman1 View Post
    In Georgia, do we have to tell an officer that we are carrying (CCL) during a routine traffic stop/violation -or do officers need to ask?
    If you click on the concealed carry permit info link at the top of the page it will direct you to the relevant Georgia law
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

How could he have been trained to carry concealed? I don't get it.
    "I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you, or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President if I had a personal email". -American Patriot Edward Snowden

GA doesn't have a class you just go to the sheriff and apply, and within a few minutes you have your ccl. That's why SC will not honor GA, and why I have to get a non-res from somewhere.(edited out), check the laws.

That's why you check the laws, some inform out of courtesy and others will not unless asked. If you are ever in SC it is a MUST INFORM state.
    Romans 12:18 NKJV

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by gman1:288467
    In Georgia, do we have to tell an officer that we are carrying (CCL) during a routine traffic stop/violation..?
    No.

I advise you to not inform, unless the firearm was specifically the reason for your stop (and I am sure the officer will let you know prior to coming to your door if that is the case).

>>
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by kevnrm:288497
    GA doesn't have a class you just go to the sheriff and apply, and within a few minutes you have your ccl. That's why SC will not honor GA, and why I have to get a non-res from somewhere. And I think you have to tell but don't hold me to it, check the laws.
    Thank you for editing your post so no one gets false information. GA is not a must inform state.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dale64 is offline Defying Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    No. I advise you to not inform, unless the firearm was specifically the reason for your stop (and I am sure the officer will let you know prior to coming to your door if that is the case).
    Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members.
    Not picking on you FireFighterChen, I just think he should check the laws himself and follow them accordingly.
    Follow this link for information: Georgia Concealed Carry Permit Information
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Dale64 View Post
    Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members.
    Check your local laws and Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members.statutes, not the advice of forum members. Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members. Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members. Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members. Check your local laws and statutes, not the advice of forum members.

Is there some part of that that is unclear?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

i dont know your state laws...

but have traveled thru your state and was pulled over (tail light out on my trailer)...

wasnt sure if i had to inform or not, but no matter where i am as a common courtesy i just let them know.

trooper was pretty cool. i told him it was a road trip to pick up the car i was trailering and that we were already prepared with supplies. he shined his light so i could change the bulb.

no citation. ten minutes we were on our way home.

ive found even with troubled cops... politeness does go a long way.
    I own firearms... hope to never have to use them. -Me-

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast