Purchase a firearm in GA..

Purchase a firearm in GA..

This is a discussion on Purchase a firearm in GA.. within the Georgia Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Not sure if this belongs here but... I'm traveling to GA soon, am I able to purchase a firearm in ...

kdotjarv is offline Kwame J.

Default Purchase a firearm in GA..

Not sure if this belongs here but... I'm traveling to GA soon, am I able to purchase a firearm in GA and bring it back to FL with me? I'm a FL resident with a permit.

Not sure about rifles or shotguns, but a BIG FEDERAL NO on handguns

Oh wow that sucks but THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I don't understand that law at all though. My FL permit is honored in GA, if I'm not mistaken. So I am able to bring my handgun with me from FL to GA, right?

You can carry into GA plus most others, just make sure you follow GA rules as they are bound to be different from FL.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    You can carry into GA plus most others, just make sure you follow GA rules as they are bound to be different from FL.
    Oh ok, thanks. I just don't want to go anywhere and get caught up in a jam.

TheCocaColaSanta is offline Pistol Packing Santa

I was planning to do some Christmas shopping for a gun for my daughter while down there in Florida. I live in Georgia, but I work all of November and December in south Florida. From my understanding of Federal law, you can buy a gun in any state that you visit, however, they will have to ship your purchase to an FFL dealer in your home state. You might want to consider doing that anyway, because when I was comparing average prices, it looked like prices in Florida were anywhere from $75 to $100 more for the same gun as from say Georgia or Texas. And what you will save in sales tax should make up for the FFL charge. Add to that, a lot of dealers will ship for free to make the sale. I would do a search for the gun that you want on slickguns.com.

Slickguns | Best deals on guns and ammo posted by users