Part time GA resident and homeowner not eligible for CC permit

Part time GA resident and homeowner not eligible for CC permit

This is a discussion on Part time GA resident and homeowner not eligible for CC permit within the Georgia Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; We have a house in SC that is our primary residence and a house in GA. We divide our time ...

Default Part time GA resident and homeowner not eligible for CC permit

We have a house in SC that is our primary residence and a house in GA. We divide our time about equally. We have SC drivers licenses and tags. I can get a CC permit in SC but it is not recognized in GA. As far as I know, I can't get a permit in GA because I don't have a GA ID and can't get one without having to give up our SC drivers license even though I am a GA homeowner and half time resident. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Is there a state that issues non-resident permits that are accepted in GA? Thanks.

You can apply for a Hew Hampshire non-resident permit. It is recognized in Georgia, costs $100 and is good for 4 years. Go to Permits and Licensing, Support Services - Division of State Police, NH DOS. If you spend any time in Pennsylvania you can go to any Sheriff's department and apply for a Pa. non-resident permit. It only costs $26 but you cannot apply online anymore. Good Luck!

Sorry, for some reason the New Hampshire web address I was trying to give you got mutilated. I'll try it again. Go to
    "http:// NH.gov - The Official Web Site of New Hampshire State Government /safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/"

It's still fighting me but you do not need to type The Official Web Site, blah, blah, just put a "/" between gov and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Throttleup View Post
    It's still fighting me but you do not need to type The Official Web Site, blah, blah, just put a "/" between gov and safety.
    The link worked for me. The NH application required a reason for applying for the CC permit. My reason is to increase the number of states where I can legally carry a concealed weapon during travels. Do you have any idea whether or not this would be an acceptable reason from their perspective?

Thanks for your help.

Maybe Florida or Utah? Both cover GA. I'm in SC and plan on getting FL.
    Murphy was an optimist...

I always use "all lawful purposes".