What is Your Choice of Firearm?

What is Your Choice of Firearm?

1. Little Bird
    Little Bird
    I'm a relatively new shooter and I"m still trying to find what works form me. I'm curious as to what other ladies choose to carry. My hand is small. I'm wondering what works for you.
  2. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Choice of weapon is very individual, Little Bird. Since you have a small hand, a Taurus 709 Slim semi-automatic, CZ 2075 semi-automatic or a Smith & Wesson 442 revolver might fit the bill. I would suggest that you go to a local gun dealer, or gunshow...handle different makes of guns to see which feels most comfortable in your hand -- be most aware of weight and size of grip. When you find one or two that you think may work for you, see if your local gun dealer/gun shop will let you fire them on their indoor range, so you can determine how much kick the weapon has and ease of operation. Let us know which gun you ultimately decide to "make your own".
  3. imadragonkeeper
    imadragonkeeper
    I agree. There is a lot of information about different manufacturers firearms online but ultimately handling them is the only way to find the perfect fit. If you can find a dealer that will let you shoot a gun thats even better - where I live most will not as then the gun is considered used and the value drops. Some gun ranges have guns you can rent so that might be an option as well to try a few different ones out. My first pistol fit my hand extremely well and the grip was ultra comfy. However when I got it home and shot it the muzzle lift was horrendous! My husband who has been shooting his whole life fared little better with it. I have since traded it in for another gun - slightly larger but almost no noticable flip at all - and its a larger caliber! I am now the very happy owner of a 1911!!
  4. KathleenElsie
    KathleenElsie
    I buy used. My CC is a 1932 Mauser .32. It is a honey and I am quite good with it. The other one I carry is a S&W J frame 1954 vintage.
    Husband has a Colt Detective that made me want one. that is when the S&W came to live with me.
  5. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Funny how that works, Kathleen. I've purchased two handguns that my husband liked so much that he bought one of each for himself. Now that's "togetherness"!
  6. eagleeyes
    eagleeyes
    the only gun i have is an old browning dba .380 i like it for a gun. it's well made and fits my large hands. it has a good rubber grip on it but that makes it kinda hard to conceal as well the double stacked mag ........i'm hoping to win that giveaway and i think the gun and holster in that package would be perfect for me being i live in south florida tropical heat and jackets and heavy clothing is not always an option here
    but being it's my only gun it's my favorite one although not too good to conceal
    when i get the knowledge about more guns i may consider buying a more concealable one but for now it's my ol browning gun
  7. Boots&Guns
    Boots&Guns
    I debated on a very small verses small for my CC. The very small did not fit my hands very well and it just wasnt comfortable for me. I went with a Taurus Millennium PT111 G2. Not to small, not to big...for me;). It is a little bit harder to conceal than the smaller guns, but it is comfortable to shoot so I just have to pay more attention to my wardrobe.