Does anyone know how to catch small mouth bass?

Does anyone know how to catch small mouth bass?

1. jjjjace
    jjjjace
    I have been freshwater fishing for years and have no idea how to catch small mouth bass. Bagged a few by accident although they seemed to be in deeper water than expected.
  2. stngray713
    stngray713
    I like to Texas rig an artificial worm, in a color usually like a red shad or something close but it all depends on the water color. The best luck I have had with small mouth is in rocky areas of a river especially if there is an underwater cliff like area or a canyon type place. I usually cast upstream and kinda dance the rig all the way back to me and a bit past but always keep the line tight. Try and get the rig just off the edge of the cliff or in between the canyon and depth will all depend on water temp, time of day, and year. And like any kind of bass, if you can find a spawning bed in early spring just toss an artificial lizard right in it and you will bag them all day long.
  3. SteveS
    SteveS
    Hi jjjjace: stingray is right on,my best advice is to come to Tennessee River in NW Alabama.you can catch Smallmouth and Largemouth just about year round.