Welcome to the new Palmetto State Concealed Carry Group

Welcome to the new Palmetto State Concealed Carry Group

1. chiefpropellerhead
    chiefpropellerhead
    I am a big fan of usacarry.com and I enjoy reading all the different posts about firearms and gun laws in general. I am thinking that we need a group specifically for the Palmetto State of South Carolina. I would like to see this group be a place for all South Carolina residents to post about firearm information in general. Here are some things that we can talk about.

A. concealed weapons permit requirements
    B. where to go to get your CWP in SC
    C. When you get your CWP, what is next.
    D. Should you get a CWP from another state as a non resident
    E. talk about different types of hand guns and hand gun ammo
    F. talk about weapons that are not classified as handguns
    G. talk about non lethal weapons for CWP holders
    H. how can we get a law passed so CWP holders can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

I think that is a good list to start with. If anyone wants to add to this list please feel free to do so.
  2. Thom007
    Thom007
    Should be some good topics to get things rolling as the site is discovered--resturant carry is a hot topic all over the country and has been since the Lubie's incident in Texas.

Members of this org. should also try listening to Armed American radio on the web on Sunday nights from 8-10 pm, informitive info on nothing but wepons and concealed carry. Armedamerican radio.com
  3. herbunderwood
    herbunderwood
    Thanks for starting a local CCW group. I'm looking for a place to shoot in the Camden area. any suggestions? Thanks
  4. chiefpropellerhead
    chiefpropellerhead
    Hello Thom007 and herbunderwood! I am a bit new at this group moderation on USA Carry. I had someone else send me a message asking to join. I think they said they are from Murrels Inlet. I need to listen to that radio show one Sunday night Thom, have not taken a moment to do that yet. Good recommendation, keep em coming. As for where to shoot in the Camden area, I am not sure herbunderwood. I think they have a master list on USA Carry but maybe there is nothing listed? Where is Camden located? Is that in the Upstate? Once we get enough folks interested in this group I want to put together a meetup that is located in a central location and maybe find a place to go do some target practice.
    Feel free to invite folks here and keep the comments going. Thanks
  5. chiefpropellerhead
    chiefpropellerhead
    I failed to say hello to Johnnyglock! Welcome to our group! Where are you located?
  6. herbunderwood
    herbunderwood
    Hi to all, I live in Lugoff, but Camden is 15 minutes east Columbia. We have a range that charges $100 per year, members only, no guests allowed. It was my hope to find some place to shoot cheaper. Well as more people join, I might just find a cheaper alternative for shooting locations.
  7. Thom007
    Thom007
    Herunderwood, you may want to look into Mid Carolna Rifle Club --its up in that area a few miles off I-26 on south side of Cola. I use to shoot cowboy up there monthly when I was active w/SASS. I think they have a reasonable rate structure for joining. Best suggestion I have for you for your area.
  8. herbunderwood
    herbunderwood
    Thanks Thom007, I'll look into it.
  9. Johnny Glock
    Johnny Glock
    Hey Herb if you can make the drive to the Clinton Area there is Philsons Crossing...an unmoderated 100y range with six covered positions that used to be open everyday sunrise to sunset. There have been some recent changes so I dont know about the hours anymore...heard something about it being closed 2 days a week for maintenance till 930am