Monarch Ammunition???

Monarch Ammunition???

This is a discussion on Monarch Ammunition??? within the Handgun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Handguns category; is monarch ammunition as bad as people say??? just curious because its extremely available at the local sports store and ...

Default Monarch Ammunition???

is monarch ammunition as bad as people say???
    just curious because its extremely available at the local sports store and wouldnt mind giving it a try but i here really negative things....

I've fired the brass-cased .45 FMJ out of my Baby Eagle with no problems. I've also used the steel-cased .223 in my Mini-14 with no problems. It's cheap, non-corrosive, and appears to work. I've heard the stories as well, but never first-hand. Just make sure to clean that chamber well after shooting the lacquered steel-cased ammo.

I shot up a couple of boxes each of 9mm and .40 s&w (brass). Had a few split cases, the ammo left my guns really dirty, but otherwise it functioned ok. For the price, I'd pay a dollar more and purchase the Blazer aluminum if it was available.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

im thinking much of the same on the monarch... ive been shooting winchester white box and works well its just almost six dollars more a box... so i think i ll give blazer a try where would i go to order it online...