My Apologies if... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My Apologies if...

This is a discussion on My Apologies if... within the Handgun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Handguns category; NICE, Thanks Luke!...

NICE, Thanks Luke!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

No problem!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    Ask and you shall receive! I just added a new Ammo and Reloading forum to discuss these subjects in.
    :) Hootie Hoo! Thank you so much! Alright all y'all. Bring it...
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

I would never be able to shoot the quantities that I do without reloading. It saves me a fortune. Like staysafebob already stated, don't reload your carry ammo. That can cause you a lot of problems should you ever find yourself defending your actions in court.

Congrats on getting started. I have been reloading for about a year and a half now. It's a great hobby but just to let you know youíre not going to save much money reloading. Youíll just end up shooting ALOT more! At least thatís what happened in my case! Enjoy and ask any questions you may have.

Right now Loading:
    45 ACP
    .223 Remington

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Congrats on getting started. I have been reloading for about a year and a half now. It's a great hobby but just to let you know youíre not going to save much money reloading. Youíll just end up shooting ALOT more! At least thatís what happened in my case! Enjoy and ask any questions you may have. Right now Loading: 45 ACP .223 Remington
    SSHH. Don't let my wife hear that.

I reload all of my hunting ammunition. I use both .270 and .308 ammunition.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by benzuncle View Post
    SSHH. Don't let my wife hear that.
    No prob! I'll keep it hush hush! lol

Default Supplies

Where do you get your supplies from? Do you use lead bullets or FMJ? From what I found 100 winchester FMJ bullets in .45acp go for about $14-$15. Not much of a savings especially if you need to get brass also. I've been tossing around the idea of reloading but it doesn't seem to be much cheaper. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsig1780 View Post
    Where do you get your supplies from? Do you use lead bullets or FMJ? From what I found 100 winchester FMJ bullets in .45acp go for about $14-$15. Not much of a savings especially if you need to get brass also. I've been tossing around the idea of reloading but it doesn't seem to be much cheaper. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Any info would be appreciated.
    The brass is the costliest item. Used (reusing) brass will cut your cost in half or thereabouts. A pound of powder will load approximately 1600 rounds of 45ACP. You can buy 45ACP bullets in bulk or by the 100, 500 & 1000. Primers are a few cents each. Worst case scenario: even I use new brass each time, I figure I would save $4 to $5 a box of 50. reusing the brass would save another $8 or so. Midway, Cabela's, kemfgunshop.com all sell brass and bullets. Don't buy powder or primers online. A $20 Haz Mat charge is applied to any powder/primer orders by anyone that ships through the mail or parcel services.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast