My Apologies if...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Apologies if...

This is a discussion on My Apologies if... within the Handgun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Handguns category; I'm not sure where to post this. I hope I don't wrinkle any fenders in the process. Is anyone reloading ...

Default My Apologies if...

I'm not sure where to post this. I hope I don't wrinkle any fenders in the process. Is anyone reloading their own ammo? I'm about to begin "rolling my own" and haven't noticed anything in any of the threads or forum subjects. If this isn't out of line, and if there's enough interest, perhaps Luke will add a subject on the forum list.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

DrLewall is offline Charter Member

Congrats on doin your own..I use to do mine years ago and the best advice I can give you is check, and then double check, and it wouldn't hurt to even triple check your powder load..we once invented the most powerful 357 mag ever, and all it cost us was one Colt Trooper..good thing no one was hurt tho..felt like a hand granade going off in your hand..wouldn't hurt to keep others out while reloading so as to keep distraction to the absolute minimum.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

I've been reloading for about 5 years. Yes, you do have to be very careful, but it is really not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.

I have dies for and been loading the following
    40s&w
    44mag
    7mm Mauser
    30-06
    45-70
    30-30
    300 Weatherby mag

On my list to get
    45acp
    9mm (never got because they used to be so cheap)
    38sp
    7.62x54r
    9x18
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 01-18-2008 at 07:13 AM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I reload, cast my own bullets, make my own wildcat brass, make my own holsters and do my own gunsmithing. It's more fun that way!:D
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks Gentlemen. But beware, I may be coming to you seeking advice. I have no plans to make "hot" loads. I just want to make less expensive ammo and enjoy the satisfaction that comes from shooting my own loads. Stay tuned.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Quote Originally Posted by benzuncle View Post
    Thanks Gentlemen. But beware, I may be coming to you seeking advice. I have no plans to make "hot" loads. I just want to make less expensive ammo and enjoy the satisfaction that comes from shooting my own loads. Stay tuned.

Ask any questions you like. We will be happy to answer to the best of out ability. As I said it is really not as difficult as you may think.:D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Reloading is still the way to go to get "more bang for your buck" but don't load your own carry ammo.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    --Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

http://www.midwesttrainingroup.net

All the advice re. checking and re-checking is well advised.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    --Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

http://www.midwesttrainingroup.net

Ask and you shall receive! I just added a new Ammo and Reloading forum to discuss these subjects in.

I've thrown around the idea of reloading but i just don't think I have the time for it. When I used to fly fish a lot more I tied my own flies and really liked it so I kind of compare it to reloading. I'm sure eventually I'll get around to messing with it.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast