reloading with Berry's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

reloading with Berry's

This is a discussion on reloading with Berry's within the Handgun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Handguns category; Who all reloads Berry's ammo? They haven't come out with a recipe chart yet so I have been making my ...

Default reloading with Berry's

Who all reloads Berry's ammo? They haven't come out with a recipe chart yet so I have been making my own by taking an average of different brands and staying on the low end. Do any of you have any recipes you'd like to share? I've been loading 115gr jacketed round nose and 124gr hollow base jacketed flat tips for the 9 and 180gr jacketed flat tips for the 40. Been sticking with 3.9gr for the 40 and 4.0gr for the 9 with Hodgdon Titegroup powder and Magtech primers. Accuracy is great so far but I'm sure there's room for improvement. Any suggestions??

I have been using Unique 5.8 grns. 165 FN. Good results in a sig 229. N320 might be a good choice too, that will be my next selection. Because they are plated lead bullets you should load as leaded bullets. Precision Delta - Competition Ammunition check out this site for the same price as Berry.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Blog Entries

from personal experience you should get every full page of recorded loading data that you save logged. keep everything save everything and make sure you get every page notarized.

I use a full size notebook and I do 3 series of loads per page and then I notarize it. does it cost money yes, but the more info you get on a page the cheaper it is.

reason being when it comes time to go to court bc you used those loads in your firearm for self defense. at least here in washington it won't be accepted into court as evidence because it's considered manufactured evidence.

find a load you like, document it, record it, save it , but notarize it so it becomes a legal document.

I have a good guy here in my county who does it for alot of reloaders. Fill a page, you sign he signs and stamps it. Logs a track number and stamps every box off ammo with the track number. I can look up every round I've ever used or made.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesco View Post
    from personal experience you should get every full page of recorded loading data that you save logged. keep everything save everything and make sure you get every page notarized.

I use a full size notebook and I do 3 series of loads per page and then I notarize it. does it cost money yes, but the more info you get on a page the cheaper it is.

reason being when it comes time to go to court bc you used those loads in your firearm for self defense. at least here in washington it won't be accepted into court as evidence because it's considered manufactured evidence.

find a load you like, document it, record it, save it , but notarize it so it becomes a legal document.

I have a good guy here in my county who does it for alot of reloaders. Fill a page, you sign he signs and stamps it. Logs a track number and stamps every box off ammo with the track number. I can look up every round I've ever used or made.
    Wesco, that all sound good but why not just use factory ammo for EDC?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Blog Entries

I do. However you never know when and where trouble might find you, or in what condition you might be found.

Mine happened to be in the woods target shooting in which I was packing 115 gr 9mm self loads, it was actually two wolves. Me and two buddies had to shoot them while they were charging us. My documented loads weren't accepted in court bc they were not legal documents and were considered manufactured evidence. We were sued by the owners for using non VERIFIABLE ROUNDs in essence bc they had nothing else to go on. Case was dropped bc it was deemed self defense and we were all within legalalities and the animals were illegal and not registered exotic pets, therefore our actions were deemed acceptable, but it still stands to show, ya just never know.

They tried the whole "my dogs might still be alive if"

great info guys, thanks!

I have never heard of any issues with the type of ammo used before, that is interesting.

JimA is offline Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CRW View Post
    Who all reloads Berry's ammo? They haven't come out with a recipe chart yet so I have been making my own by taking an average of different brands and staying on the low end. Do any of you have any recipes you'd like to share? I've been loading 115gr jacketed round nose and 124gr hollow base jacketed flat tips for the 9 and 180gr jacketed flat tips for the 40. Been sticking with 3.9gr for the 40 and 4.0gr for the 9 with Hodgdon Titegroup powder and Magtech primers. Accuracy is great so far but I'm sure there's room for improvement. Any suggestions??
    Stay on the low to mid range of a jacketed bullet of comparable weight and shape. You will be fine. I have sent thousands of Berrys bullets downrange in .380, 9mm, 10mm, .45acp and .45 colt. They work fine in all those calibers when using the same powders that are listed for standard jacketed bullets.

Just reloaded 100 rounds with Berry's RN-ds, 9mm, 115gr, Winchester Brass, Bullseye 4.6gr, CCI500 primer, expecting 1140velocity, 332 energy. Wish I had a chrono. Runs great through my Sig P250, Walther PPS. No real difference in performance at 21 feet. I think for plinking, you can't beat the price. I bought 2 boxes on sale. I took the average of all that I read and could find.

Disclaimer: It worked for me in my firearms.

thanks Jim and JPG! I usually stay on the low end mostly for accuracy. Seems I always shoot better witha heavy bullet, low powder. Gonna try some out tomorrow that I just loaded.

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by JPG55 View Post
    9mm, 115gr, Winchester Brass, Bullseye 4.6gr, CCI500 primer, expecting 1140velocity, 332 energy. .
    If you don't mind. What kind of groups did you get.
    I really want to shoot 9mm in competition but everyone keeps telling me I am wasting my time and go with 40 or 45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast