Best Self-Defense Load for .380 - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Best Self-Defense Load for .380

This is a discussion on Best Self-Defense Load for .380 within the Handgun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Handguns category; Are there any professional testing of the .380 round? None if those links refer to actual numerical tests, just that ...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Are there any professional testing of the .380 round? None if those links refer to actual numerical tests, just that tests have shown it to be unreliable. What tests are they referring to?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I was trying to figure out why Rich_S was hating the .380 and Taurus. According to him, a person should never use their gun for self-defense anyway.....
    Please explain how shooting a perp robbing a restaurant is self defense. Sine you've clearly demonstrated your incredible incompetence when handling a situation on your own property as well as numerous other scenarios it's obvious that any advice from you is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine but I'd like to hear it anyway. I enjoy comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    Please explain how shooting a perp robbing a restaurant is self defense. Sine you've clearly demonstrated your incredible incompetence when handling a situation on your own property as well as numerous other scenarios it's obvious that any advice from you is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine but I'd like to hear it anyway. I enjoy comedy.
    When you're one of the patrons of the restaurant being robbed at gun point.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Can I get out the measuring tape now? LOL

unsubbing from this thread purely due to personal ego conflicts occupying more than 50% of the posts.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

Does this forum have moderators? Other gun forums I enjoy seem to squash the bickering where it goes on for days here. I don't mind, I'm just wondering. If people want to go back and forth at each other more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rilkil23 View Post
    Does this forum have moderators?
    Only when there is a full moon on Feb. 29 of leap years.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

I like the Corbon self-defense for my LCP (with Lasermax). As someone else posted, I would hate for somebody to be shooing AT ME with it. I know the debate is if bad guy is doped up, strung out, drunk or just plain a bad *** then everybody wants a .45 stopping power. As always the debate of size vs practicality of carry. Here in FL, especially in Summer, kinda hard to hide the goods!

I have Golden Sabre in 102grn loading. There is a video on You Tube showing the performance of the gold Sabre though four layers of jeans, calibrated gelatin and behind all that, four water jugs.
    The hollow point got stuffed so it went through the jeans, gelatin and the fist water jug! All for a total of over nineteen inches of penetration
    These little bad boys dig deep into a person!! I know that the hollow point didn't expand as it should in this test but if your worried about digging deep into the bad guy, it will plow through summer clothing with no problem.
    "kālo'smi lokakṣayakṛtpravṛddho lokānsamāhartumiha pravṛttaḥ"

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    These little bad boys dig deep into a person!! I know that the hollow point didn't expand as it should in this test but if your worried about digging deep into the bad guy, it will plow through summer clothing with no problem.
    Don't be fooled people, this freak couldn't care less if his bullets hit a bad guy or just someone he disagrees with. He should be banned.
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast