Blazer 9mm
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blazer 9mm

This is a discussion on Blazer 9mm within the Handgun Ammunition and Reloading forums, part of the Handguns category; I just picked up a couple boxes of Blazer 9mm from Dicks. It appears that they have an aluminum casing. ...

Default Blazer 9mm

I just picked up a couple boxes of Blazer 9mm from Dicks. It appears that they have an aluminum casing. Has anyone used these? And have they caused any problems. I figured it was cheap range ammo. Hope it doesn't cause to many problems.

I use it in my Xdm9 and M&P 9 with absolutely no problem. I like to use it for lost brass IDPA matches.

I have had problems with them ejecting in numerous pistols so I do not buy them anymore.

Hmmmmm, Guess I will find out. I plan to go to the range tomorrow with my SR9.

Default Steel case ammo

Never had an issue. Used many many boxes of them. I shoot a glock 26, 17 and ruger LCP. Never had a jam, never had a failure. Love buying them for range practice, but wouldn't use them in training or comp. Some ranges won't allow steel or ammo like this, so might want to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by brcombs View Post
    I use it in my Xdm9 and M&P 9 with absolutely no problem. I like to use it for lost brass IDPA matches.

I've used Blazer ammo for years without any issues. I will use the aluminum cases in situations where I won't be collecting the brass for reloading, otherwise I'll use Blazer Brass or any other quality ammo.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I've used it as range fodder in my Ruger P89 as well as the Tula steel 9mm. Never had a problem. Probably went through 2000 rounds or so. It's cheap and it's always gone BANG for me. I keep it loaded with Winchester JHP brass at home though.

dgifted is offline I Love My Rugers

I have had jamming problems with Blazer aluminum cases, mostly as FTE. I have had some FTL issues as well, all with my Beretta 9000S handgun. I'm not sure if that was because it was a compact. I was able to use the Blazer in my HIPOINT 995TS carbine without either problem. I have used Winchester target ammo without any FTE/FTL issues at all and pricing at Walmart for boxes of 100 very reasonable.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

I've only used Blazer aluminum in 25acp, shooting a Taurus Tomcat. It functioned fine, no jams. I have however heard that some people have issues in certain firearms.... so... I guess you have to just try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

i used some in my sr9c and did not have a problem with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast