Springfield XD 40 or 380
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD 40 or 380

1. Springfield XD 40 or 380

I only have two more days to make up my mind. (NJ permit expires on the 15th) I have an old Colt Trooper Mk IV and 2 S&W MPs 9mm & 40 cal. So the question is (with out starting WWIII) what do you guys think? I like the feel of the XD sub compact but the 380 feels good as well I know we are not going apples to apples here but what is the pros and cons of each?

XD-40, dude! Unless it's too big for you to carry! No, seriously...you can get a pretty small .380, and even the XD sub-compact is a bit bigger. But I like the bigger bore. And if you remember this scene from Crocodile Dundee, you'll see that pulling out that .40 cal will definitely make a stronger statement than a mouse gun.

YouTube - Is That a Knife
    -= Piece Corps =-

i have a xd-40 subcom and love it, but i would like a smaller gun. only problem is i dont want to drop down really to a .380 cause a .40 cal hits much harder. over all im very happy with my xd. i would have to say go with the xd if you can carry it.

4. The XD is bigger but I can carry it with no problem I was just looking for something smaller that would go in my pocket. Thanks.

How about a new .45 ?

6. In this case $ is an object. I can get the 40 cal for $430 plus tax and background check.

I hear ya man- I'd go with the .40 then

8. Went with the walther PPK 380 it had the right feel and the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by wagntwister View Post
    The XD is bigger but I can carry it with no problem I was just looking for something smaller that would go in my pocket. Thanks.
    I carry my XD-40 and a Kel-Tec P-11 most of the time. The P-11 fits nicely into either my pocket holster or my ankle holster. It's a good BUG.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Personally, I'd go with the XD40 subcompact. More firepower, more rounds. XD and XDm lines seems to be high quality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast