FN's Five Seven

FN's Five Seven

This is a discussion on FN's Five Seven within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I was wondering if anyone has had their Five Seven modified? I've lost count how many rounds have been run ...

Default FN's Five Seven

I was wondering if anyone has had their Five Seven modified? I've lost count how many rounds have been run through it,so its well past broke in. I love shooting it,but wish it was a bit smoother. The local gun smith's haven't done any work on the Five Seven but would be willing to. I'm not wild about sending mine to the lower 48 for work since any trouble or warranty work would be a nightmare. But if I want someone experienced with this model,it will have to happen.
    Who did your work,what was done and would you do it again?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by retirednak View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had their Five Seven modified? I've lost count how many rounds have been run through it,so its well past broke in. I love shooting it,but wish it was a bit smoother. The local gun smith's haven't done any work on the Five Seven but would be willing to. I'm not wild about sending mine to the lower 48 for work since any trouble or warranty work would be a nightmare. But if I want someone experienced with this model,it will have to happen.
    Who did your work,what was done and would you do it again?

Thanks.
    I haven't done it yet, but I was going to send mine to Elite Ammunition in Illinois for their service. They do some trigger work, get rid of the magazine safety release, and more. I am assuming you have an USG model. Don't know if they work on the other models. I have heard good things about their service, and their ammunition is great. Don't know if they do business with Alaska though. You can always check.

G50AE is offline Banned

I would love to see Glock make a Five seveN.

I wish someone else would make ammo for it,its higher then a cat's back here. Its a great gun.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I would love to see Glock make a Five seveN.
    It would be nice if more manufacturers designed guns for the 5.7x28 caliber. Don't see that happening anytime soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by retirednak View Post
    I wish someone else would make ammo for it,its higher then a cat's back here. Its a great gun.
    Just two manufacturers that I know of. Have you checked online for SS195LF or SS197SR? I have seen SS197SR for $21 a box, and it might be a bit less on some sites. The price did go up about eight months ago. About 42 a round there. Not great, but not too bad.

Living here in AK,we must buy what the stores carry. I would love to be able to purchase ammo online,its too bad the airlines frown upon ammo shipments.