In the market for a 1911. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

In the market for a 1911.

This is a discussion on In the market for a 1911. within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; The only thing I don't like about the Range Officer are the sights. I want fixed novak style sights. I ...

The only thing I don't like about the Range Officer are the sights. I want fixed novak style sights. I know that none of the weapons I am inquiring about have novak style sights, but I can add them myself. I don't think you can put anything but target sights on the Range officer because of the way its cut. I am looking to carry this weapon on a daily basis and need the sights to be strong. I have looked at the Range Officer and I like it, it's just not what i'm looking for.

I like Night Hawks along with Browns. But of the three the Springer is by far the one you can always add any options later you take a liking to. Good luck and look forward to your choice.
    2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Thanks dee. I think I am leaning towards the Springfield, although I have read some really good reviews on the Para. I have heard too many bad things about the Remington to keep considering it, but im sure that Remington will make them right.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JakeG23 View Post
    Thanks G50AE, I've got a Glock and I love it...
    Show your love and get another Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James
    Like I'm just going to diss Charlie Murphy's Glock, Like it's just something to do. I believe I'd have better sence than that. Yeah, I remember doing that. (Shakes head) Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeG23 View Post
    Thanks dee. I think I am leaning towards the Springfield, although I have read some really good reviews on the Para. I have heard too many bad things about the Remington to keep considering it, but im sure that Remington will make them right.
    What have you heard bad about the Remington? I heard good stuff when it came out but who knows what happened since then.

Of the three you're looking at the Springfield would be the best choice IMO.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

I will make two other suggestions keeping your price point in mind. many are fond of the Rock Island and there is a seldom discussed Iver Johnson. Of your choices I would go with the Springfield.

If you would like to go "slightly" higher good deals are available on S&W since they have their new upgraded "E" series coming out.

Smith and Wesson E series 1911... They have the rounded butt and fish scale type griping serrations...

I've seen them for around 975.00

You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Trying to keep your price in mind I meant the older S&Ws. With the "E" series out the prices have dropped to around $700 for the older models still ith a lot more options than a "bare bones".

Looks like there's a new player in the 1911 game. I've been waiting for this one.

Ruger® SR1911™ Centerfire Pistol Models

We'll see how they do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast