In the market for a 1911.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In the market for a 1911.

This is a discussion on In the market for a 1911. within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; Hey all... I am in the market for a 1911. I have narrowed my choices down to the Springfield Mil-Spec ...

Default In the market for a 1911.

Hey all... I am in the market for a 1911. I have narrowed my choices down to the Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 (Not the GI), Para GI 1911 and the Remington R1 1911. Any suggestions, pro's and cons of each? Let me hear your thoughts.

If you got the coin, spring for a Wilson Combat (new or used). I got 3 and they are the finest quality BY FAR of any other brand. Ed Browns are a close 2nd followed by Les Baers. If you don't want to spend quite that much then buy a Kimber (I carry an Ultra CDPII). Those are my best recomendations.

trailboss is offline Gunsmith

I have owned a springfield 1911a1, kimber, and taurus. All fine weapons, I currently have a para LDA and a para 14-45 and love them.

If I had the cash, I would have got an STI.

From your list, I would get the para.

From an everyday carry view, avoid ambidextrous safeties, unless your a lefty. They always turn themselves off.

If I had the coin, I would definitely get a Wilson Combat CQB, but im on a budget and cant afford a $2500 gun.

Have had a couple of P-14s and now a Warthog(Para 11shot 45). All fine shooters. My 1911 sits on my desk next to the "pooter" with an extended mag. Have gotten a bit older and now carry a Sig 232 in 380. I call it my mini 45-lol. Use my Makorov as a backup. Had to take back my old saying that those who carry less than a 45 usually squatted to pee. Time changes most everything.

Default pilot in wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by JakeG23 View Post
    Hey all... I am in the market for a 1911. I have narrowed my choices down to the Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 (Not the GI), Para GI 1911 and the Remington R1 1911. Any suggestions, pro's and cons of each? Let me hear your thoughts.
    Greetings from Wyoming-
    I own a 1911-a1 9mm mil-spec.
    I just love this weapon. Mine has a serial number 1277.
    Shoots great and never jams.

The Para is a good choice, but what you probably need to do is decide how much you want to spend and buy accordingly, as you know or are finding out 1911s are all over the map in price, $500 to $4500, or even more for tricked out customs

G50AE is offline Banned

I'd recomend a Glock over all of the previously mentioned choices.

Thanks G50AE, I've got a Glock and I love it, but now i'm in the market for a 1911.

Check out the Springfield Range Officer! I paid $735 for mine! Do a google search for the best price!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast