Sig or Glock
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Sig or Glock

This is a discussion on Sig or Glock within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I'm looking at buying my first gun for concealment purposes. I have a Sig 226 and love the thing, but ...

Default Sig or Glock

I'm looking at buying my first gun for concealment purposes. I have a Sig 226 and love the thing, but I don't think I would enjoy using that as my EDC. I am looking at the Sig Sauer P229 Elite Dark (.40) or the Glock 23. Obviously there is the price point difference, but I'm not too worried about that...it is an investment after all. So I am just looking for people who have shot both or one or whatever and what your preference is and why! Also specific holsters for concealed carry as well. Thank you all!

Or if you use the 226 as your concealed carry weapon, what do you use as a holster!

For an EDC I would go with the G23 with night sights. Supertuck IWB. I have owned mine for years. Thousands of rounds without a single malfunction. Doesn't get any better IMHO. Sig's are nice guns but I think the Glocks are more suitable for EDC.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Not sure on the Sig as EDC, but you won't be disapointed with the G-23

I have the G23's big brother and little brother. I love their .40 caliber models.

I currently carry a Sig 228, but am in the process of switching over to a Glock 27 now. Another 500 rounds or so, and I'll be ready to switch.

Another +1 for the Supertuck IWB.

UD

Go with the Glock but go for the G27. I have Rugers, S&Ws, a Kimber, and several Glocks but for EDC I always go back to the G27.

My wife bought a sig p250 compact .45 ACP and I carried it concealed for the first a couple of months ago and I really liked it. Now I'm trying to find another set of sights for it.

I have two Glocks now and I still love my 23. Goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Of the two, I prefer the SIGs, but try to compare the two side-by-side, loaded, if possible.
    A fully loaded 226 or 229 is a bit heavier then your average Glock. Only you can decide what's OK or too much.

With a good holster, either can be managed, but what's good for me probably / may be not good for you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast