FMK 9mm, any opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

FMK 9mm, any opinions?

This is a discussion on FMK 9mm, any opinions? within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I'm a Front Sight member and just got notice that Front Sight has made the FMK 9mm there "Official" handgun ...

Default FMK 9mm, any opinions?

I'm a Front Sight member and just got notice that Front Sight has made the FMK 9mm there "Official" handgun (there's a Front Sight Edition now) for members. I'd never heard of them. They look pretty cool, have constitutional engravings on them and look like they'd be very comfortable in the hand. After some more research there $350-$400 guns at retail! Seemed kinda strange that's what they'd choose. Anybody ever try one out? I've been thinking of getting a 9mm for the house/range and save some $$ from shooting .40 all the time.

spriestley is offline Editor, EDC Knife Reviews

I saw the same thing - my first thought was about seeing a survey on his site a few weeks ago that indicated that 9mm was not the optimum caliber for self-defense. Now, why would he want to outfit all of his clients with anything less than what he recommends?

BTW - I don't necessarily agree with that assessment, but it does seem like a contradiction.

I read the reviews and looked at the pictures and am not in the market for one.

I'm not looking for a gun made in California with a bunch of flag-waving graffiti printed all over the slide. Front Site is not far from my home. While there are many good things associated with the business, there are many which disgust me as well.

(Before members start ranting at me about the 'flag-waving' thing, I'm a former combat officer and my wife is a former Marine. We're all for flag-waving, but not in the name of retail sales.)

OBW: "Country" does not start with a frickin "K".
    Last edited by Lowjiber; 06-12-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling
    G'Day and G'lock

Blog Entries

The fact that he has said over and over that this is the last of the lifetime memberships, when these are gone they are gone then does the offer again a few months later makes him a liar. Don’t know what else to say. The last time he said that was the last time, he even admitted that he had said it was the last before, but this is really it this time and now he is selling them again. Why would you not think that this gun is anything but one he chose because he can make the most money off it period? I agree bout the 9mm. I happen to carry that caliber, I do not think the size of the bullet is as important as the location and speed of the hit, but you should have some choices. If you just want a gun for the range, a 9 is cheap shoot fine. *I never heard of this gun before the front sight deal and I am a dealer and have been for 30 years. That is how insignificant the gun is.

Blog Entries

This is an example of the BS FS does over and over. It’s always the last time and never to be offered again, then within days the offer is back. The most unethical behavior I have ever seen with a company. It took me almost 2 years to get my old memberships transferred to my family. This came today.

Dear Front Sight Diamond Member,
    The bad news is that if you did not take advantage of securing one of the 500 Official Front Sight Handguns as a free bonus, they were all taken yesterday.
    The good news is that after being inundated all day with requests for more Front Sight Handguns, I was able to get a one time commitment from FMK for 400 more!

The latest offer of the gun bonus is a guaranteed gun to all who do what it takes. For those who might not know this is by the way is the Gen 2 model which has some meaningful improvements over the previous model. Search it on youtube you will see there a few excellent presentations and reviews of the FMK 9c1 Gen 2-- on the whole it gets a thumbs up from some pretty savvy shooters. I have also noticed the habit FS have of hard sell with deadline and then extended deadlines and the repeating the deal anyway.

Insincere flag waving for dough not a new notion. Just have to be careful not to be fooled and buy or don't buy on the merits of the product. I am a Diamond member for reasons not at all about FS flag waving. if you make use of membership privileges it's hard to beat the value and if you have time you can extend the trip and take in LV for a couple of days. I do because my trip is from east coast and the better half will fly in and join me for the LV part but has no interest in shooting.

Default FS and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tradeeagle View Post
    Insincere flag waving for dough not a new notion. Just have to be careful not to be fooled and buy or don't buy on the merits of the product. I am a Diamond member for reasons not at all about FS flag waving. if you make use of membership privileges it's hard to beat the value and if you have time you can extend the trip and take in LV for a couple of days. I do because my trip is from east coast and the better half will fly in and join me for the LV part but has no interest in shooting.
    As you can see, it it currently 4/5/13 and yes, the pressure is still on from FS and their un-ending emails regarding last chance to buy memberships and free 9mm pistols. For $990 I can be a lifetime member and own the FMK 9mm. I pondered purchasing the membership and then selling the gun to offset the price of said membership. I have to admit that I have not yet been to the FS training grounds in Nevada but I did purchase 2 - 4 day handgun courses for $100 a piece. After reading this thread in your forum, I'm a bit skeptical of FS and am looking for endorsements (or not) regarding this organization and their facilities. It all seems quite expensive from ammo to lunches on site during training etc. I have to say the marketing techniques are highly annoying to me and I have not had any success actually reaching anyone online. I have not picked up the phone and called them as of yet. Thanks in advance.

-Chad

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

I tested one at a local range. It's poorly manufactured innacurate gun. I went with the new S&W Sigma SD40 VE. Much better gun. Paid $320 for it too! They make a 9mm version for the same price.

SD9 VE? & SD40 VE? - Smith & Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I tested one at a local range. It's poorly manufactured innacurate gun. I went with the new S&W Sigma SD40 VE. Much better gun. Paid $320 for it too! They make a 9mm version for the same price.

SD9 VE? & SD40 VE? - Smith & Wesson

Figures, glad I never went with one. Pretty F'd up that it would be the gun they pushed. While my lifetime handgun course membership is paid at this point (I did the poor guy layaway thing) ;) I still haven't had a chance to get out there. But they have REALLY gotta to stop the never ending emails about LAST CHANCE...GONE FOREVER crap just to go back on it later. The amount to emails are also nothing short of crazy. I'm planning a Vegas trip at some point this year and that's when I intend to go. I'm sure the course itself is worth it but not the rest of the bs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast