Carry gun for my wife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Carry gun for my wife

This is a discussion on Carry gun for my wife within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; Recently my wife and I got our carry permits. My wife has a SW model 60 pro series .357 mag ...

Default Carry gun for my wife

Recently my wife and I got our carry permits. My wife has a SW model 60 pro series .357 mag that she loves; however, she doe not want to carry it in her purse due to weight of the gun. She wants to buy another gun to carry. She likes the sig p238 but doesn't really like the .380 cal. She would like a 9mm. We have been waiting for the p938 to come to our local gun shop but they will not be getting one any time soon; and we are tired of waiting for this gun. What would be some of good guns for her to look at and try?

P938, LC9 or Shield.

sent from my sending device
    sent from my sending device

Your going to get recommendations across the board, have her find what fits her best. My wife couldn't find a 9mm that fit her small hands, so she got a .380., however she did shoot the Taurus 709 pretty well, but felt it was to heavy for her to want to carry.

Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, Kahr PM9. These are the top and most compact 9mm CC handguns on the market.

Nano is kinda heavy, what about cm or cw9 I'd have one of those also, all depends on what fits her

Have heard so much good about the M&P Shield that I would really give it consideration.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

Quote Originally Posted by tadpolec8 View Post
    Recently my wife and I got our carry permits. My wife has a SW model 60 pro series .357 mag that she loves; however, she doe not want to carry it in her purse due to weight of the gun. She wants to buy another gun to carry. She likes the sig p238 but doesn't really like the .380 cal. She would like a 9mm. We have been waiting for the p938 to come to our local gun shop but they will not be getting one any time soon; and we are tired of waiting for this gun. What would be some of good guns for her to look at and try?
    Had a similar situation, my wife ended up with the P238. I loved it so much, I got one for myself as a back-up gun.

Best thing you can do is have her go to the store and try em all out. Put them in her hand and find out what she likes.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTopDC View Post
    Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, Kahr PM9. These are the top and most compact 9mm CC handguns on the market.
    M&P shield is the top CC 9mm on the market. You missed the number one gun so i figured i would correct you. Just saying

the .380 was a cute fad, get back to business, like Springfield says. Get a her one of these bad boys.
    .45 ACP 2 shots will get her out of situation she finds herself in.

or how bout this bad boy? .45 ACP revolver. Taurus Tracker!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast