Glocks Are Good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glocks Are Good

This is a discussion on Glocks Are Good within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I carry the following at different times glock 27 glock 36 taurus 85 walther ppk/s 380:...

glock007 is offline GLOCKS GO BANG EVERYTIME

Thumbs up Glocks Are Good

I carry the following at different times

glock 27
    glock 36
    taurus 85
    walther ppk/s 380:

Glocks are excellent pistols. Very reliable and accurate.
    It's a great tool that everyone should own.

Half the handguns I own are Glocks and I've drank the kool-aid long enough to even own some .45GAP handguns.

However, the biggest change I would like Glock to do is...
    ... make the next generation of Glocks with interchangable backstraps, since some of the biggest complaints is how the grip feels.

My carry guns vary due to clothing options and weather conditions...
    Glock Model 30
    Glock Model 39
    H&K P-7M8
    Kel-Tec P-32
    S&W Model 325PD

Default Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    Glocks are excellent pistols. Very reliable and accurate.
    It's a great tool that everyone should own.

Half the handguns I own are Glocks and I've drank the kool-aid long enough to even own some .45GAP handguns.

However, the biggest change I would like Glock to do is...
    ... make the next generation of Glocks with interchangable backstraps, since some of the biggest complaints is how the grip feels.

My carry guns vary due to clothing options and weather conditions...
    Glock Model 30
    Glock Model 39
    H&K P-7M8
    Kel-Tec P-32
    S&W Model 325PD

[I]I have a Glock 19. Very good gun. My favorite of all my auto loaders though is my HK P2000 SK LEM. The HKP7 that you have is one hand gun that I wish I had.[ /I]
    Last edited by HK4U; 05-12-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

DrLewall is offline Charter Member

I admit that I really do not know very much abt a Glock..I have a variety of pistols in which the 1911 45's seem to be my favs.

I had just recently scored me a Glock, mod #23 I think it is, a 40 cal..it's fairly new, only 20 rounds have been pushed thru it and I got it for $300. I think I got a good buy on it tho.

I have not shot it, yet..not sure if I will..kinda thinking of maybe reselling it and if I do, I want to sell it as it is, in "primo" condx..so for now, it just sits in my safe. I may also put some Crimson Trace on it. (I know if I shoot it, I will want to keep it, it was such a good deal).
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

whiskey is offline (echo_5)

Default phase II for Glock

Glocks ARE good. If I saw this happen, I would buy one:
    - make flat single-stacks (like a Kahr but not $700)
    - copy the XD by making a HG with a compact(G26) frame and full size(G17) slide/barrel. You'd get the concealability of a compact yet the sight radius and ballistic capability of a 4-5" barrel.

I'd bet that David Bowie of Bowie Tactical Concepts could trim a full size down to a sub-compact. Keep a small mag in for EDC and have a full size w/ grip adapter for reloads.

- my $.02
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

I am a Glock fan, I carry a G19 every day, I also have a custom G22, and I also have> G17,G26,G21,G32, Yes I like Glocks, Great Gun under any condition, you can depent on them...............
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

just corrected an old mistake. years ago I sold a glock 26 so now i just bought and shot my new (used) glock 27. love it. Just what I needed. Small and middle of the road power and with night sights and CT laser grips I'm likin' it!!
    Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

I don't think Glock makes a "good" pistol. My STI is "good", the Glock on the other hand is "GREAT".

Folks sometimes call a Glock the "ugly baby". They don't realize that when their "cute kid" fails to do what it needs to do in a BAD situation, my "ugly baby" may save their tail. :icon_cheesygrin:

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

whiskey is offline (echo_5)

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
    Glocks ARE good. If I saw this happen, I would buy one:
    - make flat single-stacks (like a Kahr but not $700)
    - copy the XD by making a HG with a compact(G26) frame and full size(G17) slide/barrel. You'd get the concealability of a compact yet the sight radius and ballistic capability of a 4-5" barrel.

I'd bet that David Bowie of Bowie Tactical Concepts could trim a full size down to a sub-compact. Keep a small mag in for EDC and have a full size w/ grip adapter for reloads.

- my $.02

edit: just checked http://bowietacticalconcepts.com, they provide the service for $70
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

Well I guess I'll just have to go out and buy a Glock to keep up with you Jones. But it's going to have to wait on my next AR-15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast