Kel Tec PF-9 My 2 Cents - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Kel Tec PF-9 My 2 Cents

This is a discussion on Kel Tec PF-9 My 2 Cents within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; My wife just had to have a snubby .38 special and after 200 rounds in one day she was hurting ...

My wife just had to have a snubby .38 special and after 200 rounds in one day she was hurting for two weeks. She now has a Ruger SR9c, she chose it, and likes it a lot more than the ultra light wheel gun. Hope you heal soon as I would need a good bit of time before shooting that little pistol again. Glad it performed as it should.

Default Kel Tec PF-9 My 2 Cents

I have a .38 ultralight in titanium . My wife is 5 feet tall and she doesn't like pain at all . She enjoys shooting it . I think it hurt less then my ruger lcp did . Even with plus p 135 grain rounds still fun IMO hope she gets something she can shoot well and get good with . Even with a .22 better then nothing .

Default Kel Tec PF-9 My 2 Cents

And the problem might be 200 rounds in one day . Not sure if I would want to do that lol. That is a bad idea . It will hurt your hand with any gun unless it's a .22 , and that's why she didn't like it . In a self defensive situation I think five rounds are perfect .

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    And the problem might be 200 rounds in one day . Not sure if I would want to do that lol. That is a bad idea . It will hurt your hand with any gun unless it's a .22 , and that's why she didn't like it . In a self defensive situation I think five rounds are perfect .
    I have done 200-300 rds in one session but not with anything like a Keltech, if i were wanting to break in a new gun like one of my 1911s a 250 rd brick would not be a issue

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Thank you for the write-up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I got rid of my PF9 because it hurt my tendons in my elbow to shoot it more than 20 rounds. The Trigger pull was so strong it threw off my shots after a couple of rounds. But it did shoot well otherwise.

It just wasn't the gun for me. Although it never failed 2 go bang when I pulled the trigger.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

Really like my Kel, but can no way imagine that many rounds in one session.

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    I got rid of my PF9 because it hurt my tendons in my elbow to shoot it more than 20 rounds. The Trigger pull was so strong it threw off my shots after a couple of rounds. But it did shoot well otherwise.

It just wasn't the gun for me. Although it never failed 2 go bang when I pulled the trigger.
    Did you attribute that to the double action only trigger pull, or was there more pull than the average double action only trigger?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12