This is SERIOUS AS HELL....Need Advice...
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

This is SERIOUS AS HELL....Need Advice...

This is a discussion on This is SERIOUS AS HELL....Need Advice... within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I am totally unable to carry IWB or OWB at my place of work...therefore, my ONLY option is ankle carry. ...

Amsdorf is offline VDMA VIDEOS

Default Need Advice...

I am totally unable to carry IWB or OWB at my place of work...therefore, my ONLY option is ankle carry.

I need advice, serious advice from people who know what they are talking about:

(1) I can ONLY carry in an ankle holster.
    (2) I need something I can carry *reasonably comfortably* for nine/ten hours a day.

WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST????

Please do NOT comment if you can't understnad 1 and 2.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

S&W J frame or M&P Shield in an Alessi Ankle rig.. Used one with the pull thru snap for years with a model 60 S&W on duty and it never shifted or lost the gun like I've seen other ankle rigs do.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Thanks, bro. Truly appreciate it.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

Ankle holsters really need some wide leg pants to access quickly. If they are the only option, then get a good quality leather one (Desantis). The leather will help the pant leg slip over the holster easily. As far as a carry, a S&W J frame (ultra weight like a 442 .38spl) or a Ruger LC9 would be a good option. The relative comfort of carry in an ankle holster depends on your size, the weapon size, and the holster.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

I prefer the Galco Ankle Glove, very comfortable and you will forget you have it on
    NRA Life Member
    1911-45, 9, 22, P229, P220, P228, PPQ, 38 spl

I carry a Ruger LCR very comfortably in a Galco Ankle Lite holster. See my piece in this posting that I recently made:

My Choice for CCW

maybejim is online now Maybejim

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Ankle holsters really need some wide leg pants to access quickly. If they are the only option, then get a good quality leather one (Desantis). The leather will help the pant leg slip over the holster easily. As far as a carry, a S&W J frame (ultra weight like a 442 .38spl) or a Ruger LC9 would be a good option. The relative comfort of carry in an ankle holster depends on your size, the weapon size, and the holster.
    And one on each leg to keep yourself balanced and give you an excuse to buy another gun! ;-)
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I have used the Galco ankle holster. It has wool inside & some sort of neoprene around with leather to hold the gun. Very confortable for the J frame snubbie. Definately need some wide leg bottom pants for quick access. Some books say to wear an extra sock over the holster to people notice even less that there is something around your ankle. Wear it around the house before you start at work, just to get used to the feel. And practice drawing too. Kneel, hike up pants, then draw. Right hand shoots carry on left ankle.

Clearly you are a male stripper and must p/m me at once.
    Ton up!

You, sir, are a total and complete jackass.

This is serious stuff, if you have nothing to offer to this conversation please go and .... youself.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast