Finally decided on a 1911
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4handgun

Finally decided on a 1911

This is a discussion on Finally decided on a 1911 within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; After reading alot of reviews I finally decided on the SA 1911 A1 Loaded. Model # PX9109LP. Haven't had a ...

Smile Finally decided on a 1911

After reading alot of reviews I finally decided on the SA 1911 A1 Loaded. Model # PX9109LP. Haven't had a chance to go to the range yet but plan on this weekend. Will update later with results.

great congratulations hope it operates well for you
    let us know
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Well I didn't make it to the range till late. Fired a little over 100 rounds of Winchester 230gr FMJ and McNetts DoubleTap. Initially placed groups low and left. The beaver tail took a little to get used to. Really like the Trigicon sights (first time using) and the trigger is nice and crisp. At the end I had groupings of 3 inches at 25 yards. Still a little low. Really like this one. Never had any problems with it. Was wondering if the DoubleTaps would jam as they have a fairly sharp edge. No bad experiences yet and now I understand all the love affairs with the 1911's

Have gone through over 300 rounds with no problems and liking this one better all the time. I did see an error in my previous post. It should have read "3 inches at 25FEET" not yards. Don't know what I was thinking.

Amsdorf is offline VDMA VIDEOS

How much did you pay for it?
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

I got it for $769. Here is a link. Mine came with the Trijicon sights.
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/as...y_PX9109LP.pdf

Amsdorf is offline VDMA VIDEOS

Thanks, I got the same one a couple years ago for $750, plus tax. Seems prices on them are holding steady.
    My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

Default Re: Finally decided on a 1911

Congratulations, and welcome to the 1911 family. I started my pistol collection with a Gen. 3 S&W (4567) but then picked up an SW1911 Pro and fell in love. Now I'm trying to decide if I should focus my future lust toward additional S&Ws, or budget my expendable income on more 1911s. Those Wilson Combat Tactical Elite pistols are damn sexy! :D

Enjoy your new treasure.

- Dave

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Dave

NRA Lifetime Member - NES Member - NFGA Member - SWCA Member

You'll love your Springfield loaded. Enjoy! Also another 1911 to consider Rock Island Armory there price just right and just as fun to shoot.