Dealing with a Family Member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Dealing with a Family Member

This is a discussion on Dealing with a Family Member within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I want to ask you all a question but first a little background. If you look up the word "Dysfunctional" ...

Default Dealing with a Family Member

I want to ask you all a question but first a little background. If you look up the word "Dysfunctional" you'll see a picture of my family. Ok? I've lost 3 brothers so far and have 2 older brothers and 1 older sister left. My oldest brother and I disagree a lot on Politics and such. I posted a picture on Facebook showing my friends and family my new S&W M&P .40FS and stated "My new partner for CC."
    He answered "Add long as you don't need 5,000 rounds of ammo to feel secure, guns are good for security."
    My response to him was "I'm still the same person whether I have 1 round or 5 million rounds. People don't have to fear me, unless they try and hurt me or one of my loved ones! I just don't want or need someone else or the Gov't. (Palosi, Feinstein etc.) trying to tell me what is ENOUGH for me. Please just let me decide.)
    Now I don't want to "lose" another brother, so how would you people have stated this differently? Thanks for your input. Later & Peace

Dennis in Idaho
    Keep your Powder Dry!
    Dennis in Idaho
    "Citizenship requires three boxes: "The Ballot Box,
    The Jury Box, and the Cartridge Box." Fredrick Douglas

I wouldn't have been offended by his comment. My brother is always pulling my chain about my guns. 5000 is prob just a number that popped into his mind but it doesn't seem like an excessive number to me ;-).

Just let it go. Nothing will get resolved by arguing.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The problem here sounds like you broke rule number one and went on facebook, then you broke rule #2 and posted on facebook. Ban facebook!!!!
    rmw66- "gun free zones = criminal empowerment zones "

You expressed your opinion, and he his. Now let it go and get on with life. (Of course the reply I would have made might have been, It's not that I have too much Ammo, I just don't have enough guns...)
    Good judgement comes from expierence, which is usually the result of bad judgement. Learn from the experience of others, since it's a lot less painful than gaining it all on your own...

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Dennis, I thought your response was a good one.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I would just say that we have to agree to disagree. At this point in time, there is no sense in arguing with people that are stead fast in what they believe. Purchase as many rounds of ammo that you can afford or that working extra over time gets you.

I thought it was a great response, and hope you don't mind if I use it, too. I may stop after the period following Gov't That way, it sounds just a hair less rebellious (most of my friends and relatives already know that's how anti-gun control/anti-"take away my freedom" I feel).

• I am almost 100% sure if you go on facebook you will get
    • AIDS
    • Genital Warts
    • Gonorhea
    • Syphylis
    • Herpes
    • Chlamydia
    • Pubic Lice or Crabs
    • Vaginitis
    • Hepatitis just my .02
    rmw66- "gun free zones = criminal empowerment zones "

Like I always say, "you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives."
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast