Xd-m - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Xd-m

This is a discussion on Xd-m within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; Range report - my XDm-9 is shooting 2" high at 10 yards with 115 gr. FMJ ammo. It's still an ...

Range report - my XDm-9 is shooting 2" high at 10 yards with 115 gr. FMJ ammo. It's still an awesome pistol, but I'll be sending it back to get fine tuned.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

This months issue (02/09) of "Guns & Ammo" Mag came in today. Nice spread on the XD-M/9 to read. It even has pictures I might understand....
    Semper Fi

DocBoCook is offline Not Negotiable, A Right

Have to ask. What's the difference between the XD and the XDM?

The XD-M has:
    • Increased ammo capacity, 16 round mags for .40 S&W and 19 round mags for 9mm.
    • Match barrel, supposed to improve accuracy by 20%, but I haven't seen any hard data on this.
    • Different sights.
    • Interchangeable grip backstraps to fine tune the fit to your hand.
    • Ability to field strip without having to pull the trigger prior to taking the slide off.
    • New grip texture pattern for improved grip, 30% less tendency for the gun to twist in your hand.
    • More slots in the forward rail for attachment mounting.
    • Shorter trigger reset distance.
    • Different slide profile.
    • Different slide serrations for improved grasp while cycling.
    • A melonite finish.

I think that's all, but the barrel may be slightly longer. Not sure about that one.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    Tattedupboy Wrote:

The XD-M does come in .40. Here is the link....index (click on Specs and then .40 S&W)
    I know that the XD is available in a .40 caliber. What I meant by my last comment is that if they would develop a .40 or .45 cal with a 19 round magazine, I'd be interested.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Default Xd-m

I have the XD-45, with 13 round magazines and only a grip safety and a Glock-type trigger safety. I think if they packed another 6 rounds in the magazine, I would not be able to hold it. lol. 13+1 is plenty for me, especially if I carry two spare mags, giving me a total amount of ammo of 40 rounds. They say most gunfights involve only about 4-5 rounds. My gun can't be sold in California, and there is even a sticker on the case to that effect. California requires 10 round mags. My XD also has no frame mounted safety (they do make an XD with this feature). I like the idea of being able to bring the weapon into action without having to remember to sweep a safety off or thumb back the hammer. It is like using the Smith & Wesson revolver I once used, pull, aim and pull the trigger. I love this weapon.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12