New Member seeks Advice on CCW Application Process - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Member seeks Advice on CCW Application Process

This is a discussion on New Member seeks Advice on CCW Application Process within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; Originally Posted by race2c Thanks for the responses everyone. A bit of clarification.....I am 21 years of age. I also ...

netentity is offline Obama is a mack daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by race2c View Post
    Thanks for the responses everyone.

A bit of clarification.....I am 21 years of age. I also would like to get the formal training done, rather than just being an "average" citizen with the ability to carry.

The information that has been given to me from above has lead me to conduct the following actions:

• Apply for PA LTC, being they do not require formal training or a residency of the state. Also because IL does not allow carrying of any type.
    • Use the PA LTC, to apply for NH
    • Eventually get formal training to acquire the FL CCW.

Does this sound about right?
    I would opt for an NRA certified instructor that is also UT certified so you can do both FL and UT for the same class. The instruction being given an NRA certified instructor will get your FL. Make sure the instructor gives you a certificate or affidavit of training with their NRA instructor number or FL may kick it back. If you've taken a hunter safety course, FL will also accept that. If you are military, FL will also accept your DD-214 as proof of training. The UT certified instruction will get you obviously UT.
    netentity--You have a PM
    You have a PM back.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    I would opt for an NRA certified instructor that is also UT certified so you can do both FL and UT for the same class. The instruction being given an NRA certified instructor will get your FL. Make sure the instructor gives you a certificate or affidavit of training with their NRA instructor number or FL may kick it back. If you've taken a hunter safety course, FL will also accept that. If you are military, FL will also accept your DD-214 as proof of training. The UT certified instruction will get you obviously UT.

You have a PM back.
    I understand.

When it comes to the formal training for UT/FL, I would need to find an instructor that is NRA certified, as well as, being UT certified. When it comes to a hunter safety class, is that considered ANY state/DNR/etc hunter safety class?

In reference to the PM, thats unfortunate the times you will be in the area are during the week. If they were during the weekend, I would be there.

Another quick question, I found this on the PA website:
    Special Note: Missouri is now considered an issuing State, therefore it is mandatory that Missouri residents obtain a license to carry from Missouri and include a photo copy with the application.
    Does this mean to CCW in MO, I would need to acquire a MO CCW or would they still honor PA CCW license?

netentity is offline Obama is a mack daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by race2c View Post
    I understand.

When it comes to the formal training for UT/FL, I would need to find an instructor that is NRA certified, as well as, being UT certified. When it comes to a hunter safety class, is that considered ANY state/DNR/etc hunter safety class?
    Yes. The relevant Florida statute is 790.06.2(h)(1) which is;

(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:

1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
    In reference to the PM, thats unfortunate the times you will be in the area are during the week. If they were during the weekend, I would be there.
    Next time perhaps. I take traveling instructor requests. If there's enough interest to justify my expenses then I schedule a block of mobile classes.
    Another quick question, I found this on the PA website:

Does this mean to CCW in MO, I would need to acquire a MO CCW or would they still honor PA CCW license?
    They would honor your PA LTC. It means if you are a MO resident you must have a MO CCW endorsement to apply for a non-resident PA LTC. MO only issues to residents but they are a we honor all State for everyone including residents. You don't need a MO CCW to CCW in MO. The only caveat is you need a MO CCW to be exempt from the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act for schools in MO.

Be safe.
    Last edited by netentity; 12-19-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Thank you very much with all of your help.

If you do have any other interests in another possible CCW classes, I would be willing to do it within a given distance and dates. As long as you keep my name as an interested individual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12