New with Ruger P95DC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New with Ruger P95DC

This is a discussion on New with Ruger P95DC within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; Hello everyone, I've never owned a gun but have been to range 1-2 times and now my boss wants to ...

rob6465 is offline Newbie

Default New with Ruger P95DC

Hello everyone,
    I've never owned a gun but have been to range 1-2 times and now my boss wants to sell me his Ruger P95DC for $225. How would you rate this gun and pros/cons of having a decocker.

thanks

Default Good gun.

I have one, I like it. It eats anything I care to feed it. Not a tack driver, but not bad. It is too big for most people to conceal, but I have done it with a good holster and a sweatshirt. Mags are easy to find and ruger will fix the gun as long as you didn't modify it.
    Makes a good house/range gun. Very little recoil.
    If someone offered me another one for that price, it would come home with me. I paid $400 for mine back in 1998.

jonsthaman is offline Any sig is a good sig

Default p95

the ruger is a nice firearm. i bought mine for $310. same one sells anywhere from $280-410. great gun. will eat any ammo you buy. it's a heavier gun, but i carry mine with a UTG shoulder holster during the cold times.

if that offer was on the table for me, i'd have me another anytime.

the decocker is a great option, just make sure when you use it, you still point it in a safe direction.

all in all, if it's your first gun, definitely a good choice

nice gun, nice price. i love my P93DC which i've had for years & will never sell. it may be hard to appreciate the decocker if your not very familar with guns, but its a great feature.

you might want to consider THIS if you get it.

The P95DC is great gun. I had one and loved it. I carried it on duty as a security officer for a couple of years. If I had the chance to get another one I would in a heartbeat especially for that price. As others have said it is alittle heavier than most of the new pistols out today. A friend of mine was talking crap about the 9mm until I took him to the range with my P95DC and he shut up after that and wanted to buy it from me. I sold it to him because I needed money at the time and I wish I wouldve kept it now. But I say if you can get one for $225 take it. As already been said it is a great gun.

had mine about 6 months p95dc love it.It is a little heavier than my old smith but shoots much better.

Ruger is the Chevrolet of guns. I've never heard any serious complaints about their pistols, except for the SR9 recall a while back, but it seems Ruger handled that just as well as they handle any other rare problems with their products. Looks like a nice gun for a nice price.

Pele is offline VA State CCW Holder!

I have a regular P95. (Manual safety instead of the decocker.) It's an older model without the picatinny rail. I got it with three mags for $220. (Also second hand)

Reliable and simple.

My only complaint is that it's so huge. It'll print through a winter coat

had one years ago, fed enything I put through it. Just couldn't hit squat with it...and like previously mentioned very bulky pistol...

DocBoCook is offline Not Negotiable, A Right

My girlfriend carries the P-95. She likes it and can handle it well. And for printing, I don't know what to say, I can hide it just fine
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast