Smallest 9mm - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smallest 9mm

This is a discussion on Smallest 9mm within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I too am a fan of the KelTec. I'm 6'2" and 160 lbs soaking wet with a pocket fulla quarters. ...

Pele is offline VA State CCW Holder!

I too am a fan of the KelTec.

I'm 6'2" and 160 lbs soaking wet with a pocket fulla quarters. It's hard to conceal on me when I wear my typical daily attire (Jeans and a T-Shirt) Put my Ruger P95 in my pocket and it looks like I'm smuggling a .50 cal BMG.

My Girlfriend has a KelTec P11 and an Uncle Mike's holster.
    I slipped that inside my waistband and left my shirt untucked. Concealed beautifully; I think I'll get one. I'd just like to find a more rigid holster than the Uncle Mikes... That, and it's a little uncomfortable. But then again, very few people make Left handed holsters.

Only bad thing about the P11, I've heard is that someone at my local range put 500-600 rounds a week through one for a few months... After about the 6th slide or barrel KelTec asked what he was doing with it and told him to knock that off...
    But for a $300 gun that's that small and has a lifetime warranty, I don't think that's that bad a problem.

Default What about a Rohrbaugh?

I understand a Rohrbaugh R9 is a very small 9mm gun (one of the smaller ones out there) and well made--being all metal. Has any one here handled one? How does this compare with the other guns mentioned in this thread?

Ceicei

Quote Originally Posted by Ceicei View Post
    I understand a Rohrbaugh R9 is a very small 9mm gun (one of the smaller ones out there) and well made--being all metal. Has any one here handled one? How does this compare with the other guns mentioned in this thread?

Ceicei
    See post# 3. (there is a link there)

It seems to be the smallest 9mm made, and probably the best of any mentioned here. But at around $1000, it sure oughtta be.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    See post# 3. (there is a link there)

It seems to be the smallest 9mm made, and probably the best of any mentioned here. But at around $1000, it sure oughtta be.
    Yes, I saw the Rohrbaugh link. That was why I wondered if anyone here has one and whether it handles well. You're right, at that price, it should be "well worth it". There seems to be very little info out there on who is pleased (or displeased) with that brand. The size, looks, and supposed quality are appealing, but the price...

Ceicei

Yes, I saw the Rohrbaugh link. That was why I wondered if anyone here has one and whether it handles well. You're right, at that price, it should be "well worth it". There seems to be very little info out there on who is pleased (or displeased) with that brand. The size, looks, and supposed quality are appealing, but the price...

Ceicei
    Handled yes, fired No. I did handle one at a gun show some time ago and found it very similar in size to the P-3AT and the LCP. It comes in two versions one "with" sights and one without. The one I handled was the with but darn if I could say it had a sight picture. I have to figure it is designed as a point & shoot just like the 380s are, more for within a few feet than any long distance shot.

I would love to fire one to fee what the recoil is like, but I do not know of any range that has one.

Ceicei
    Read what the owners and true believers have to say:
    The Rohrbaugh Forum - Index
    You'll probably learn more in an hour or two or reading there than you will asking about them for months on other threads.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Injuneer is offline Chief Inguneer

I recently chose the Kel-Tec PF9 for my CCW. Put 100 rounds through it the first day, without a single jam. I was supprised how well it shot. The sites need work. Shoot the target head and hit the chest almost every time. It will fit in my back pocket nicely.I did pick up an ankle holster. it works well. you will see some printing. Also have a Fobus paddle holster. there must be a better solution for a holster. Rent one, try one!

+1 on the Kahr. I have the CW9, which runs just under $400. I carry it in a Galco ankle holster, a 5.11 holster shirt or a motorcycle vest with a CCW compartment. Occasionally I carry it as my primary piece in a Mernickle OWB holster. With my body type, I can't conceal anything larger with just a shirt over it. I find it comfortable in all of these position.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Rohrbaugh is a great piece. I have been thinbking about a Kahr MK9 though. Any thoughts on that gun?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWard View Post
    Kahr PM-9
    Kel-Tec PF-9

The Kahr is the smallest. I owned a PM-40. It was a great little gun, but too abusive. I might very well own a PM-9 someday. That said, I LOVE my P-3AT. I'm getting some 100 gr bullets to load up for it soon, since factory ammo is non-existant.
    JeffWard
    Well depends on by what ya mean in ' smallest' , it is shorter but
    Kahr is thicker and heavier and 1 less shot

Kahr;
    Capacity: 6 +1
    Overall Length: 5.6
    Height: 4.3
    Width: 1.10
    Weight Empty: 24.0 oz
    Weight Fully Loaded 27 oz.

Kel Tec PF 9;
    Capacity: 7 +1