Smallest 9mm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smallest 9mm

This is a discussion on Smallest 9mm within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; I am thinking about my next purchase, a BUG. I'd like to stick with 9mm for the availability and price ...

Default Smallest 9mm

I am thinking about my next purchase, a BUG. I'd like to stick with 9mm for the availability and price of the ammo. Anyone know who makes a tiny 9mm? Something that would at least fit well in an ankle rig, even better if it's small enough for a pocket/wallet holster.

BTW, I was considering a .380, but at half the power of 9mm, I can't justify paying roughly the same (sometimes more) as 9mm ammo.

wolfhunter Guest

Kel-Tec PF-9, 12.7 oz empty, 2.8 oz loaded mag, 5.85"L x 4.3"H x .88"W, 3.1" barrel, 7+1

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Kel-Tec PF-9, 12.7 oz empty, 2.8 oz loaded mag, 5.85"L x 4.3"H x .88"W, 3.1" barrel, 7+1
    ^^I carry the PF-9 too. It's the best value in a true pocket sized 9mm there is. But, if you've got the money, there are other choices:
    Rohrbaugh Firearms
    and this one is supposed to go into production 'any time'--and we know what that means:
    Home

I've never owned, nor even fired a Rohrbaugh, but those who have them are true enthusiasts. I think, considering the small difference in size and the huge difference in price that I'll just pick up a second PF-9 so I have a carry pistol with a spare.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I carry KelTek, in 9mm, and purchased the .40 option for times I'd like a larger round.
    The long heavy pull is a good safety measure.
    It takes practice to get really comfortable with the trigger pull - but practice is the name of the game.

Also look into the Kahr line of 9mm. Slightly larger than a keltec maybe but a single stack

Steek is offline steek

Ironic but Gun Tests magazine, rated the 3AT higher than it did the LCP. Sounder like they were saying, 'if you buy the LCP, have a file.' They were, however, both recommended 'buys'.

I really dig that Rohrbaugh, but WOW no kidding about the price! Thanks for the replies.

Kahr PM-9
    Kel-Tec PF-9

The Kahr is the smallest. I owned a PM-40. It was a great little gun, but too abusive. I might very well own a PM-9 someday. That said, I LOVE my P-3AT. I'm getting some 100 gr bullets to load up for it soon, since factory ammo is non-existant.
    JeffWard

Default The Rohrbaugh,

Nice weapon but worth the crazy price??
    Action Is Always Faster Than Reaction!!!

I have a Kahr PM-9, a Kel-Tec P-3AT and a Ruger LCP (with CT laser). From my point of view, I will take the slightly reduced power of the .380 in exchange for the size difference anytime.

I can pocket carry the 3AT or the LCP and the 3AT is really comfortable at ankle (I don't have a holster for the LCP with laser for ankle). I have matching pocket (I use Guru, pocketholsters.com) and ankle (fobus) for the PM-9 and the difference is size and weight makes all the difference. It is just a bit too big for pocket (front or back) and it is a bit heavy at ankle.

Bottom line is if I am going to carry the PM-9 it has to be on or in the belt and if I am going to do that I may as well go with my full size. The only time I carry the PM-9 is in a fanny pack where it allows using a smaller fanny pack, and in a back pack because in the field I would rather have the power of the 9 against non-human animals and the weight tradeoff is worth it against the full size. Again, however, if I can open carry in the field I go with a full size on the hip.

But for deep concealment, or warm weather (all the time here), I find the .380's are the way to go because like everyone else I can't justify the price of the Rohrbaugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast