Best all around Handgun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Best all around Handgun

This is a discussion on Best all around Handgun within the Handgun Discussion forums, part of the Handguns category; What handgun would you consider "the very best" for you. In other words not counting price; considering just the gun ...

Question Best all around Handgun

What handgun would you consider "the very best" for you. In other words not counting price; considering just the gun and its good or bad points. Which one would you say is your favorite and why? The reason I ask is I am thinking about which gun to add to my collection next and would like to get some input.
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

My vote goes for the H&K USP Compact 45. It is super dependable, accurate, and concealable. H&K does not have a great reputation for good customer service, but they are so dependable, you probably won't need it!

Glockster20 is offline Clinging to God and guns

Any Glock will do...IMO! Everybody has a favorite and their reasons for it. 1911's, revolvers, Sig's, XD's, etc..etc..

Reliability
    Dependability
    Ease of use
    Safe
    Accurate
    Tough
    Versatile
    Affordable

Glock's come in all popular semi-auto calibers from .380 ACP to 10mm Auto..
    Yes, I know the .380 models cannot be imported into the US. And they don't make one for .38 Super.

GLOCK for me is the best, no bells and whistles, its always ready, and come in all cal. thats my choice.. it all depends on what a person likes, When it comes down to it there all good to have when needed.....
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Any HK.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Any Glock will do...IMO! Everybody has a favorite and their reasons for it. 1911's, revolvers, Sig's, XD's, etc..etc..

Reliability
    Dependability
    Ease of use
    Safe
    Accurate
    Tough
    Versatile
    Affordable

Glock's come in all popular semi-auto calibers from .380 ACP to 10mm Auto..
    Yes, I know the .380 models cannot be imported into the US. And they don't make one for .38 Super.
    I second that

I guess it's the cowboy in me (A guy can dream right?) or the remnants of a little boy that ran around the yard with two 6 shooters, two holsters on his belt, and a roll of caps chasing the next-door neighbors dog, but I love the revolver… Smith and Wesson makes some of the finest.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

wow that question could start a pissing match! lol I'll through my two cents in anyways....

My primary carry is a Kimber Ultra CDP II. I absolutely love it. I have yet to feel a polymer gun that feels as good in my hand as it does. Not to mention the trigger feel is outstanding.

HK USP is also nice and I wouldn't mind owning one someday. I would take a sub/compact XD over a glock any day.

But thatís just me.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I see a couple of people have thrown in .45's, but nobody has thrown in the Colt 1911 .45 ??

Hard to argue with almost 100 years of solid history!! It's the gun that Browning designed and has changed very little over the years.. It is amazing how right he got the design on the 1st try...

If not #1, it deserves honorable mention..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

For me it's a 5" Nighthawk GRP Recon with a Streamlight TLR-2 mounted on the gun's rail. This .45 ACP 1911 is utterly reliable, amazingly accurate, and with the combo light/laser on the rail, I have all I want and need in a home defense weapon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast