Walther PPK/S realiability work?

Walther PPK/S realiability work?

This is a discussion on Walther PPK/S realiability work? within the Handgun Maintenance, Cleaning and Gunsmithing forums, part of the Handguns category; I have a SS Walther PPK/S .380 that I would like to use as my CCW but I have been ...

Default Walther PPK/S realiability work?

I have a SS Walther PPK/S .380 that I would like to use as my CCW but I have been reluctant to do so because It does not run reliably. I need to find a gunsmith that is good with these pistols. Anyone have a gunsmith that they would recommend?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

my son has one it's a great gun......might need a tighter spring though which you can change yourself
    best wishes
    gun control is being able to hit your target

You have not updated your profile to let us know where you live. I know of a few great gunsmiths around Pittsburgh, PA, where are you?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

My PPK/S was a PIA and would not cycle reliably either. I sent it back to S&W/Walther and they put a new slide on it and it's working flawlessly! Contact them to get a return authorization and sen it back for love from the manufacturer.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

Jojo's Gunworks in Southington CT did awesome work on my PPK/S it's my EDC even over a Kimber custom. I've also heard LaRocca Gun Works in Worcester Mass. and M&M Gunsmithing in Hazel Green, Al are good too. There are a bunch more. It would help if I knew what state you're in. Check out waltherforums.com it has a lot of good info and some knowledgeable people there. Hope this helps.

Also, who manufactured it? Is it a IA or S&W?
    Lowell
    Connecticut & Florida CCW Permit

“Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.” Q about the PPK/S