I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand

This is a discussion on I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand within the Handgun Tactics, Training, and Practice forums, part of the Handguns category; Originally Posted by whitetiger OH!!! I GOTS TO GET ME A TSHIRT THAT HAS THAT ON IT!!! I practice the ...

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    OH!!! I GOTS TO GET ME A TSHIRT THAT HAS THAT ON IT!!!
    I practice the ancient Chinese art of Bang - POW.

Localgirl I dream about ya tell me your single 21 blond female and love old guys in the fiftys with most of their hair. Hey!!! it's my Dream!! so let her tell me!!! LOL Just kidding I get too sleepy to stay out past 930 pm so I am good in dreams not so much in real life. But I am pretty. ask any of my high school team students. just tell me who so i can make then run laps. Go with God and keep your gun oiled.
    I crack me up!LOL
    LOV YA
    WhiteTiger.
    Tune in to the Miss CCW pageant, the finalists are,
    1- localgirl
    2- Cathy in Blue
    3- Tucker's Mom
    4- Daisey

All I can say is his business must be Good! In this economy there are very few businesses that can turn customers away and stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Are you for real?

Look, I'll tell you what I told you in the "Hit vital points post"--should I have the time and luxury, I'll call upon the very limited martial arts training I have. But chances are, if I'm in a close quarters situation, I'm going to be scared and completely amped up on adrenalin, and I'll be lucky if I can even remember how to make a fist. I would love to have the luxury of training daily, but I have neither the time nor the resources for that. That would be why I carry a gun and practice the ancient Chinese art of Bang-pow.
    Hey girl: I have been a Bang Pow practitioner for a long time myself. Works for me!

While I'm a big fan of training and promote it every chance I get I also believe that the right to keep and bear arms is not to be infringed. A person has a right to self defense, regardless of the level of training they've attained.

Freedom, it isn't free and it isn't safe, but it is American.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Unbelievable thread!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

I agree that hand to hand, close quarters gun fighting and gun retention are very useful skills, and could mean the difference between survival or death if needed. However, the idea of being unwilling to help someone learn to use a gun in defending themselves and/or thier families because they cannot demonstrate skill in fighting hand to hand is sad to me.

...Chinese bang-pow! Love it!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Um, I would only use my gun if I had to, meaning if punching someone in the head isn't gonna do the job. Pretty sure most other concealed carry people would do the same. Shoot a guy dead that you could have physically put down and I'm sure that's a conviction. Telling everyone they need to take karate in order to carry a piece is pretty retarded though sir. You can either fight or you can't, I'm not gonna train in kung fu for that small, minuscule chance that I MIGHT have not had to shoot someone because I trained to do flying double back kick karate chops

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Sure. I totally stole it from someone else.
    It's an oldy but a goodie!

Variation from my old sensei when we were both attending a martial arts "demonstration" and watching the Koreans (Tae Quan Do types) smash paving stones with their foreheads: "You know, Don san, only thing you get from that is sore head!"

The man was sage, I gotta say that for him. LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

What a hoot.

That boy is full of himself.

Get a gun, watch your six.

Everyone on this thread has proven their 'beat down' skills... it would seem that onlypill has bugged out.
    Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. ~Col. Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast